Established August 1970

01 December 2015

Transfers strike again

Well this week FLEW by. It seriously went so fast. Here's the run
down. I think it was Monday night, a member in the Elk Grove ward is
from Louisiana and invited us for beignets (at our request-we heard he
made them and encouraged him to do so :P). It was fun! Good to get
to know them a little better and finally have my dream fulfilled of
trying beignets. It's been a dream of mine ever since watching
Princess and the Frog. :)




Part of Tuesday and Wednesday I went on exchanges with Sister Barfuss and got to go to Sacramento stake. We had a good day. She wanted to show me this restaurant she likes called, "Jack's Urban Eats," unfortunately no pictures of the food but here's us at the restaurant:





As we drove around we talked about being diligent not only in action but in thought. Having our minds focused on the work, and focused on what the Lord wants us to do. That's something I am trying to work on, is being aware of the thoughts I am having. Not just whether or not it is positive but whether or not it is focused on the Lord. I got to contact people on a college campus for the first time at Sac City. It was pretty cool. We had an interesting conversation with a girl on campus that looked really weird. Really gothic, kind of like she was trying to be a witch for Halloween but it isn't Halloween. She was smoking something weird too. But we had a really nice conversation with her. She was sweet and loves life. She wasn't really interested unfortunately but I think she will read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet we gave her and feel the spirit.

Thursday was Thanksgiving! We had it with the Lee's. We love them. It was fun to be with them. The rest of the day we had some Thanksgiving themed messages at members homes and tried to talk to people outside along the way. It was cool because in studying for a Thanksgiving message I wanted it to be still Christ centered. I found a lot of scriptures and quotes and I never did plan which ones to use since there were too many to use all of them. When we got to lessons I ended up just sharing different scriptures depending on their responses to questions we asked. It was cool to see how each lesson was tailored to their needs and thoughts based on the promptings of the spirit that came after I prepared thoroughly.



This is the apple pie I made. I was proud of myself since I've never made a pie before. :)

The evening of Thanksgiving we received a training on the #ASaviorIsBorn initiative. Wow I love that video. Especially that one kid. You all know who I'm talking about, "from ou-er sins. from ou-er sadness." He's the best. I am so excited to share this video and the message of Christ with everyone I get a chance to! It's been cool looking for stories of the Savior's birth in the Book of Mormon to share with people throughout this month.

Saturday evening we went carol-tracting with the Hermanas. We sang to people when they opened their door. It was fun. One door we knocked on they couldn't really open because they were trying to keep their dogs in. We passed a card through the crack in the door and a while after we saw the lady that half opened the door walking down the street. She said, "are you the ones that just came to my door?" I reply that we are, thinking she is coming to give our card back. That happens a lot. Instead she starts handing over some money saying, "my husband wanted me to donate to you." I of course refused, as did the rest of the sisters. She insisted that we could accept it and put it in my hand. We ran that past our Bishop and it was determined we'd just "anonymously" donate it to the mission fund for the ward. I hope the missionaries now in Elk Grove go back there. We left a note for them telling them to go try to teach them. It was an interesting situation. During that time we received the phone call for transfers that I would be leaving the area. I was definitely sad to leave, and pretty surprised. I love the area and the ward, but I know it's Heavenly Father's plan. I hope I did everything He wanted me to do there.

Sunday I bore testimony in Relief Society and said goodbye to everyone. Dominik was unfortunately out of town, as was Sister Bailey, but there was a definite tender mercy because I saw both of them shortly before they left town and had the opportunity to let them both know I was leaving, even though I didn't get to personally say goodbye.

I also went by one of our less active teenagers and left him with the cheap copy of the Book of Mormon that I've been studying out of. He promised me he'd read it. I also left my testimony in it. I am hoping that he keeps his promise, I know it will be invaluable to him to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon.

Monday morning Sister Miller and I went to the transfer meeting, and I received my new companion. Sister Erickson! She is from Sandy, Utah and is actually older than me. First companion I've had that is older. :) We are in the Silva Valley and Oakridge wards in the Folsom Stake. Here are some pictures. We are going to get along just fine. :)





Love you all!

Sister Robinson

0 comments: