Established August 1970

12 December 2015

Christmas Decorations

Hello my friends and family!

Hope you're enjoying the snow! Because it's really warm here. It's nice, though. It's still pretty weird. People here look forward to going to the beach on Christmas. haha. That's a little different from Utah! But it's pretty sweet. It's been fun as well, because part of my assignment in the office is to go pick up all the letters and packages for all the missionaries, and we have received so so many packages for Christmas. haha. And we have them in here in the office with our tree and everything. It's pretty fun when they all come in on their p-day. :) 

Also, it's getting pretty crazy, because we have a lot of responsibilities for the Christmas Conference that we are going to have with the whole mission on the 22nd of December. So if you think about me on the 22nd, just know that I'll probably be moving around a lot of tables, or picking up the food, or setting up chairs, or trying to help the missionaries get into the sacrament meeting for the spiritual meaningful part. :) haha. But I love it. It's so fun to get to know the missionaries and boss them around. I mean... serve them. haha. It is fun though.

This week we did the Christlike attributes activity with a family in our ward. Haha. It was a failure. The dad put 5's on most of them. And on the section of "Humility" they were all 5's. hahaha. It was so funny. I just happened to be sitting next to him and I thought, I'm not sure if that's the most effective way to do it. So I interrupted them to read the scripture about how the Lord gives unto men weakness that we may be humble, etc... He changed a couple of answers, as did everyone. But apparently after we left his son, who is a recent convert, saw his dad's paper and got mad at him for being prideful and stuff. Maybe next time. :) haha. But they're all better now. 

I've been focusing a lot on the attributes of Christ, trying to read more about His life and teachings, and paying attention to the way that He did things. It has been truly enlightening. In our district we all made personal goals to work on an attribute that is hard for us and how we could work on it. The conclusion: it's really difficult. It is not an easy thing to do at all. But we know that we can if we really dedicate time and effort into further developing them. And He commands us to become like Him. And He knows exactly how capable we are of achieving it, and He is helping us.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Pray for Mikaela and Francisco, they are 2 investigators that we have invited to go to church on Sunday. But they need some help. 

Love,

Elder Robinson

P.S. Our office decorations! The ornaments are pictures of all the missionaries in the mission!

0 comments: