Friday, December 19 Ray ironed shirts; I prepared Christmas for Quenie and family; scripture candle.
Saturday routine, washed eggs, Ray writing missionaries, I did mine yesterday😇. Baptism at 9:30,
then all day with North Stake--1st Relief Society, then Trade Fair with
those who have graduated from "Starting and Growing My Business".
There were about ten businesses represented. At 4:00
was the start of a cultural show. (Pictures). It was so fun. Sister
Cagape brought food for the three of us. She said that there are so
many people to eat. She just brings her own. We were glad. See
pictures of Christmas dinner. We went to Mang Inasal after for
chicken. Home 8:45. Scripture candle. Bed.
Sunday mission fast. Quenie didn't come to church, so after sacrament
meeting, we went by her house. Her house help was just leaving, so we
were able to talk with Brakie. House help said Quenie was asleep.😟. We
are worried about her. This time is so critical that she not jump out
of the ship because she is having struggles. Brought all the
missionaries home. At 1:30.
Attended San Miguel group. Then we received an invitation from
President and Sister Aquino to join their family for the opening of
their daughters mission call. Of course, we went. They were expecting
her brother off the plane at 5:30 but the plane was delayed and he didn't arrive until 9:00
so they had also invited a few friends and their bishops family and
struggled with how to entertain us all besides feeding us. Yes, they
had a great meal with a fruit salad, ham, noodles with crab and shrimp.
Whew! I almost had some, even had dished it up on my plate. I had a
feeling so I asked Ray to taste it. There was shrimp. I passed mine
over to his plate and typical of my childhood, no foods were touching
each other😆. Saved me some calories anyway. So...entertainment, we
sang some carols and in-between I told stories, It was nice that it was
a different crowd this week than last week, so I told the Christmas
Oranges and then I read the abridged Mansion. Then Ray was starting to
tell Abram and Zimri brothers story and they arrived from the airport!
So guess where Sister Jasmine Aquino will serve her 18 month mission,
English speaking, entering the Provo MTC March 29?
Twin Falls, Idaho Mission! I jumped up and down screaming. My birth
place. I could tell them lots about it and that she will get to meet
some of my kids! And I showed her a picture of the Perrys. I said I
wanted to bring some of the Philippines home with me! It couldn't have
been more exciting for us. President and Sister said they will probably
come pick her up and we can tour them around. How sweet is that!
Monday routine, did wash and it even stopped raining long enough to dry
the clothes. We went shopping, paid the phone bill, and returned to the
apartment for lunch then at 1:30 we went to the center. So here is what I have to say about the BYU/Utah game: Utah beat one quarter/BYU beat three quarters😜
I've been so sad about the loss of the coach but excited for Sitakis
opportunity. I believe he will be exceptional and especially good at
recruiting. 4:00 we left the center to walk the Esplanade 5:00
home. Went to the sisters apartment to see Sister Miggins Christmas
box stuff. She is from Hyde Park. Back to our apartment, snack, read,
scripture candle.
Tuesday district meeting in our apartment 10 of us in a very small
space. After meeting we fed them bacon, 2 kinds of sausage, pancakes,
bananas, oranges, and four seasons drink. They stayed and talked until 10:30. It was nice. Then clean-up and go. Went to center at 11:15. Returned to apartment about 2:30.
A man came to fix the leak from upstairs to our c.r. And replaced the
light receptacle. Then we picked up a pizza to take to Brakie for her
12 birthday and took them Christmas gifts and food: ham, rice, oranges,
bananas, Tostitos, peaches... Then we walked the Esplanade, crossed
the bridge and walked the other side of the river, and then crossed the
bridge at the other end to return back to finish the full length. There
was a great breeze and it was wonderful! After the Esplanade, we went
to SM for a Christmas wonderland of lights and music, and ate chocolates
and churros. 7:00 returned home.
Wednesday routine, washed eggs, cleaned; Ray ironed and worked on
washing machine. These are days never to be forgotten. I wanted to
serve a mission as a senior couple to give back to the Lord and His
church some bit of my own gratitude for my great life. But it turns
out, a mission is for seniors as it is for the young,--another immense
blessing! I love my life with Ray in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The
sealing power can be a great teacher of self-discipline and can help us
cross the obstacles of self-deception and the so-called wisdom of the
world, of men's philosophies. All the commandments and covenants we
make are opportunities for increased blessings. My cup runnerth over.
Five new shingles but they are more and more mild and are most
bothersome for only three days. 10:00
we went to SM and I tried the beauty shop again--I got a haircut; it
looks better, feels better, and it's not too short. Then we got a ham
and cheese waffle, then a buko juice. We went to the center and stayed
until 2:30.
President Insigne gave us a different key to the front door to use
while there is Christmas break. Then we came home and ate squash soup
and fajitas in a spring roll pastry sheet. We walked the Esplanade in a
warm breeze then returned to the apartment and had Swiss miss with
orange chocolate and whip cream--this is my comfort food when I'm
missing my kids. Scripture candle.
Thursday
routine, Molo to send payment for caribou; picked up Cushings at the
wharf, stopped by Jalandoni to use the Internet, went to apartment and
played Rummicube, ate chips and six layer dip, then went to Arevalo to
pick up package from Bacolod. Then we went to Tatoys and ate blue
Marlin and halo halo; at 3:30
we let them off at SM and went home to prepare a dish to take to
Sorilla's dinner party tonight. I took a Filipino version of chicken
tikka masala. Then at 5:15 we went to Sorilla's. There we played to 5,000 Farkle, then dinner and dessert. 9:00 back to apartment, scripture candle.
Friday MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'm sure all of our children are remembering us
today and our family traditions. I was reading in 1 Nephi 18:2 ".
Nephi built a ship-- not after the manner of men but after the manner
which the Lord showed unto me". If a ship was that important; how much
more a family--built after the manner the Lord shows us. But how do we
know the manner? The Lords words--in scripture and modern-day
prophets. Have ye inquired of the Lord what manner to build your
family? :3 go oft (scriptures) pray oft--wherefore the Lord showed unto
me great things. :7,8...after we had prepared all things...we were
driven forth towards the promised land(celestial kingdom). North Stake
had a "White Christmas" at 10:00.
There were only 11 baptisms but they seem to be quality baptisms.
They each bore testimony after the baptism and when the service was
over, President Suya had the newly baptized members stand in front where
all those who attended could come by and shake their hands. It was
very classy. We took Elder Gomez and Elder Villanueva with us. They
are serving in San Miguel. 12:45
it was all over. We gave the two elders a ride to Robinsons Mall to
skype their families. Then we went to the center to type this and send
it off. Love to all! Sister Robinson III, Grandma, Mom
25 December 2015
Friday, December 19-Friday, December 25. Merry Christmas!
Posted by Raree (RAH-ree) at 12:58 PM
Labels: Missionary parents, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment