My President gave to me...
A really really really long list of fun things to do! :)
Hi
guys! I hope your Christmas preparations are more extensive than ours!
Because getting it ready is almost as fun as actually doing it! Let me
give you some back ground.
We
have, as a mission, a Christmas conference. The missionaries from all
over the mission come together in a big chapel and we have something
like a zone conference. That means enough ham, salad, potatoes, bread,
drinks, silverware, cups, plates, tables, chairs, etc, for a little over
200 missionaries. It also means an hour long Christmas video made by
yours truly and the other missionaries in the office, and burn a copy of
that video for every missionary. We also got to resize a little over
200 pictures of missionaries so they were the right size to print off!
It's for a missionary that's really artistic so he's gonna make a picture
of the Concepcion temple with the pictures of all of us with a picture
of our favorite temple.
Another
fun thing we got to do was go to a wrapping party at the mission home!
How fun is that! We filled and wrapped about 100 boxes for gifts to the
missionaries here who did not receive gifts this year for Christmas.
(I'm pretty sure it's for being naughty, but just in case it's not...)
It was really fun. There are a lot of missionaries in our mission who
receive little or no support from home, so it's something that President
and Sister Arrington have done every year so that everyone gets
presents! Aren't they the coolest? And Elder Quinn's family also sent
ties and treats and t shirts to add to the gifts! It was really such a
blast.
The down side is that
we've had to dedicate most of our time this week to prepare for the
Christmas conference on the 22nd, and we're also have a Christmas
activity on the 25th, which we also get to set up with the assistants!
Hurray! It's honestly too much fun. Just wait til I send you some
pictures later on!
Oh ya! And for
the stake Christmas activity we got to march and sing Hark! The Herald
Angels Sing for the finale of the concert that they organized. We did
the first show last night and there was actually a lot more people than I
expected! Around 250 or 300 probably. And they're saying that even more
will go on the 23rd! And for that performance we are doing it in the
plaza in front of the temple sight! How cool is that? And they asked me
to help around 60 of the missionaries warm up before the concert. I'll
just let you guys imagine how humorous that was. :)
If I were with my family on Christmas I would...
1-wake up at 4 (in my Christmas pajamas) so we could have our early morning devotional
2-Cry when my dad cries when he bears his testimony of the Savior
3-Go eat some See's candy and keish (or however you spell that)
4-Look for that delicious juice that we started drinking for Christmas a couple years ago.
5-Go to my piece of furniture where the gifts are at
6-Get distracted and eat more See´s chocolate
7-Go give mom and dad and Charity and whoever else is there hugs
8-Make sure everyone opens up their gifts from me
9-Eat some more See's chocolate
10-Look at how much keesh there is left
11-Go outside and play in the snow!
12- Wait for my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews to come home so we can party!
That's
something my dad did and I really liked it. I know that Jesus Christ is
our Savior and Redeemer, and I know that He lives and loves us. I know
that through Christ we can be clean and free from the weight of our
sins, and I know that He was born, died, and raised again so that you
and I can live again and can return to live with Him and our Heavenly
Father with our families forever.
Have a very merry Christmas! I love you all so much!
Love,
0 comments:
Post a Comment