Established August 1970

05 December 2015

A Savior is Born

Hi guys!

This week was wonderful! I'm always surprised that even when I think a week is going to be stressful, it always turns out to be nice and enjoyable. :) Even though there are stresses, it's still fun! The first week of transfers are always really, really busy for us in the office. So many missionaries calling for things, and going and getting the new missionaries, dropping off and saying goodbye to the old missionaries, getting everything ready so the new missionaries have a good welcome, and can get to their new companions and areas without too many problems, and so forth. And this time a lot of things went wrong with the flights, so I got to order and change a lot of flight plans. It was awesome. And besides the coolness that happened in our area.

A family invited us over to have these awesome mini fried pigs-in-a-blanket. Or something like that. It was ham and cheese wrapped in dough and fried. It was delicious, and they invited a friend over! We taught him, and he wants us to come visit him again this week! Hopefully that goes well! 

And we got to teach Gerardo, and he is honestly so awesome. He asked us, "So what else do I need to do to get baptized?" We were kind of just like... Ummmm.... we can help you with that. :) haha. So we explained to him about Christ and the atonement and the commandments. He is honestly too receptive to be true, but we feel very blessed to have found him, and we believe he has been really prepared by God to be part of His church. 

I hope you have all been able to watch the video that the church made about Christmas! You probably have. I thought it was really interesting. It was so different from last year's video. Some things that called my attention was that they were all children/youth, that they were bearing testimony, and it left us all with the invitation. To discover why. To understand more deeply, or maybe discover it or understand it for the first time. He was born so that I... may live again; can be clean, can be whole, can try again, and so many other reasons that we don't think about as much as we should. "And shall call his name, Immanuel... God with us."

I bear my testimony that I know that He was born to save us from our sins and sadness. He was born, a Savior, to satisfy the needs of justice and extend to us His hands of mercy. What did His hands do for you? What are they doing for you? 

I love you a lot. I hope you are all getting way excited for Christmas, and have plans to make it about the Savior, and discover why for yourself, with your children, with your family, with your friends. 

Love,

Elder Robinson

0 comments: