Hey guys!
How's it going? I hope you all had an amazing thanksgiving and black Friday!
We had thanksgiving with the President and his wife and it was amazing.
Best meal I've had in a year. it was honestly amazing! And we even got
pumpkin pie! How blessed are we? #superblessed
And today for our P day we got to set up Christmas decorations here in the office so that when all the missionaries come in on Monday
to look for their packages, they just feel like CHRISTMAS all around!
It was a blast. I'm way excited to see their faces when they come on Monday!
Also, it's transfers this week, but I already know that I'm staying!
haha. But I already knew that I was gonna be in the office for 6 months.
So it's great! :)
Also, some news about Giovana...
Well,
she's still freaking awesome, and she went to church, and she's keeping
all the commandments (except for still not married) but sadly she told
us this week that she's moving! And she's moving on Tuesday!
But she said she wanted to keep going to church in her new ward and
that the missionaries will visit her there in her new ward. And I know
the missionaries that are there, so I'll get to pass that reference
right on over. :)
And we witnessed a miracle
this week. The day after we found out Giovana would be moving, we
received a reference from the Concepcion South Mission, he's honestly
golden. He has a baptismal date for the 12th of December,
he said he wouldn't be able to go to church this week, sadly, because
he has some crazy test early this week so he said he needs the time to
study. We'll have to work on that. But he's way interested, and we're
really excited to be able to go and work with him.
Also,
this week I really realized that God blesses us for EVERY single good
thing we do. Every single one. I've been thinking about the blessings I
have seen in the life of Giovana as I've gotten to teach her and learn
with her and every time she has decided to follow a commandment, or be
brave and ask her boyfriend about getting married, she has been blessed
immediately. A frequent mistake of mine on the mission has been
searching for instant gratification for my efforts. If I try really hard
one day, I want to find a golden investigator that same day. Or if I
have been studying well and trying really hard to have the spirit
always, I want to hear those people say, yes, I will be baptized in
three weeks, and I'll go to church every Sunday
and in a year more I'll go to be sealed in the temple. That is what I
want to hear. Those are the fruits I wanted to receive from my labors.
And I wanted it immediately.
However, teaching
Giovana and being able to see her progress so much since we started
visiting her, I've been able to understand a lot better that we really
are blessed immediately. We really can see the fruits of our labors, and
see them immediately. But maybe they're not the fruits we expect to
see, so we just left them there. It's like we are working in His
vineyard, and He gives us the fruit immediately. But if He gives us
grapes and we were looking for apples, we might be missing out on a lot
of great grapes that He has blessed us with. I don't know if that really
makes sense, but I hope so. Because I was looking really hard and
working for those apples, and now I'm looking back and realizing how
many grapes He was giving to me, and I didn't realize it. I pray that
now, I may be able to recognise the fruit that He is giving me. And that
you all can recognize the fruits that He gives you in your lives. We
are blessed.
I love you guys a lot! And hope you have a fantastic week! Time to put up Christmas decorations!!! :)
Love,
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment