Saturday we were on our way to the Center and Ray decided to stop and
see what this business was called, Salad Master. It was a Titanium
store and it was the same as our salad maker that we have that went with
our pots and pans! New model, of course. Then on to the Center and
our fast started at noon.
There are four creepy men hanging around lately at the end of our
street. I'm very uncomfortable with their presence. I'm glad we will
move in a week. Talked with Nathan and Amy for a few minutes. Pinegars left them today to return to the USA. We went by the mission
office to pick up Liahona magazines for Analisa and her husband. They
texted and said they would be at Mandurriao Ward this Sunday to have Harold blessed. We watched L. Tom Perry's funeral at the Center.
Sunday
the birds chirp and whistle wildly at night and early morning. We ran
short of water this morning. Ray went outside to refill it. He fills
the water tank about 1 1/2 times a week. He didn't finish filling it
the last time because of the thunder, lightning, and downpour storm.
The storm was so loud that we couldn't tell when it was full. We
attended Mandurriao Ward. Five months or so ago, I introduced you to
Analisa. She was the Sister that caused me to repent and stop and take
care of people. She did attend church today with her four children, and
Harold, her 11 month old was given a name and a blessing. After
sacrament she went to primary with the children and Ray and I went home
to fix lunch for them to take on their trip back home, an hour or two
away. We picked up the magazines for her in Tagalog and sent them home
with her along with lunch. I went to Relief Society where they were
having a lesson on Patriarchal blessings and they kept asking me
questions like I was an authority. I better enjoy it while I can. I
will soon be home and not an expert at anything.😜 Question: what age
do you have to be to receive your blessing? Do you share it with your
husband and vice versa? You can discuss this in your own families.
After this meeting, we broke our fast and then went to San Miguel
Group. Geraldine was there, a convert of about eight months. You may
remember I spoke at her baptism. Her husband and her and their son live
with her mother, who is not a member and is very verbally abusive. I
was blessed to be there with her to strengthen her and to give her some
direction from prophets and apostles counsel in the last conference. I
just happen to have notes in my planner. So happy for memory and
notes. Popcorn night! We also re-listened to Saturday afternoon
conference at 6:30 and enjoyed it again with L. Tom Perry.
Monday
I put in a load of wash, did our regular routine, and picked up our
zone leaders and took them to Arevalo, to the mission office. Elder
Watkins was so discouraged; it has been one day short of a week since
his appendectomy and he is done sitting around but doesn't feel good
enough to do anything. Being in the office with that good bunch of
missionaries today really lifted his spirit. We spent the day at the
Center, came home for lunch in the middle, put in another load of wash,
and returned to the Center until the call at 5:00
that our missionaries were ready to be picked up. After we picked them
up, they wanted to go to McDonald's so we did that first and then took
them to their apartment. We ate a little snack, had a fhe lesson on
"Solving Problems". The video is very funny about a sheep in the
pasture having a conversation with a pig who is complaining about the
farmers lazy son who hasn't fed him and he's starving. The sheep says,
"what is the problem?" Pig: "it's obvious, I'm hungry". Sheep: "that's
not your problem". Pig: "what? I'm hungry and that lazy boy isn't doing
his job" sheep: "right. But that is his problem. Your problem is
where can you get food." Pig: "Me, find food?" Sheep: "exactly."
Pig: "I can wait." Sheep:"how is that working?" Pig: "if I could get
out of here, I could find food in the garbage pile." Sheep: "the boy
left the gate open." Pig: "I've never done this before. What if there
is no food?" Sheep: "well, it's probably time to decide and do
something.--stay or get moving." Pig: "so I need to decide and then
act? Hey, this is great stuff!"
Maybe you have to see it. We will show when we get back. Ray ironed his shirts. 8:00 bed. Halfway today...am I becoming all that the Lord wants me to be?
Tuesday
we had zone meeting at Jalandoni. After that we went to our office and
the first counselor in North stake presidency came in just to visit
with us. Then we took six missionaries home, gathered Elder Watkins
stuff and took him to Arevalo where he will spend the rest of the week
recovering in air conditioning. We came home for lunch and then picked
up Erwin Boiser, our self reliance manager, at the boat wharf. We went
to the Center and talked about the initiative and then we had our
meeting with the two stake specialists and Butch, a volunteer who is in
Molo 1 bishopric. We arrived home around 9:45pm.
Wednesday
we picked up Boiser at the hotel, then Darlene at the Atrium, and her
specialist from LaPuz. We visited Yparroza Electrica Shop and then the
Yparroza Canteen. Unedited letters from these graduates will be
forwarded. Next we went to the accessory shop and last to the
ornamental fish hatchery. Around 1:30
we went to lunch at the Promenade. Then the specialist left us,
Darlene went with us to take Boiser to his hotel, where she caught a
jeepney home and Boiser went in and typed up these letters about these
businesses. Boiser sent us the letters at the Center and I edited them
and Ray sent them back. Home 6:30 rain, rain, rain since we finished.
Thursday
we picked up Boiser at his hotel and Butch also met us there and we
drove to Tiolus, an hour and a half away, where President Sedano has a
piggery. He now has four sows--one delivered four months ago; one will
deliver in about a month; one is pregnant; and one will get pregnant
next month. Before the business class, he just had two. We got back to
Iloilo about 1:30,
dropped Butch off at Jalandoni, took Boiser to the wharf back to
Bacolod, then went to SM to pay our water bill, went home for leftover
lunch, took a short nap, and returned to Jalandoni--where we met
President Insignis' newly returned missionary son, Ephraim. We also
checked with Nina on her sons' romance. He has been attending BYU-Hawaii
and met a girl from Coeur d'alene, Idaho where he is visiting her family
right now. We came home around 7pm. I'm tired.
Friday we waited and waited for Sister Limbagne to come and work on my
shoulder/2 hour body massage. It is getting better but taking longer
than I thought. We went to the Center after we picked up a few shopping
items and had lunch. It is pretty quiet --National holiday, their
Independence Day when American veterans helped them win their
independence from Spain with the will of the God of Heaven and Earth.
We do nothing of ourselves, only that which our Father in Heaven decrees
for our good. We came home around 4:30, ate a snack and began packing for our move to another apartment on Monday and also packed for our trip to Guimmeras for this weekend.
Take good care of yourselves and each other, ha long, Sister Robinson III, Mom, Grandma. I love you all/group hug!
12 June 2015
Saturday June 6-Friday June 12
Posted by Raree (RAH-ree) at 11:10 AM
Labels: Missionary parents, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment