Established August 1970

01 June 2015

It's not free!

Well, this week was pretty good.  We started teaching Deborah, and she is AWESOME. But we started teaching her on Tuesday and she moved out of our area on Saturday.  Bummer.  But she is kind of in limbo right now so we can keep teaching her until she really officially moves.  And she will be moving into a different ward in our Zone so we will be able to go to her baptism probably.  I am just assuming she will be baptized because she seems SO ready.  But she hasn't actually committed to it yet.  She is a former investigator and in our first lesson with her she kept saying, "I think I'm ready.  I really want this, I just don't know where to start.  What do I do?"  We were kind of like deer in headlights a little bit because usually it's not that easy.  It made me think of the scripture in Alma 22 when Aaron is teaching King Lamoni's father. "And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy."  I am always wondering how I can get people to ask this.  The answer is that I can't.  The Lord prepares them, and then they want it, and they ask.  I'm excited to see what she gives up to gain that great joy.

Other than that there isn't a ton to report.  We weren't able to meet with any of our other investigators this week.  They were all too busy.  But we have set some very lofty goals this week that will require a lot of faith and hard work to achieve, so I'm excited to see it happen!

Funny story that I forgot to tell from a while ago.  When you are with someone 24/7 you tend to start saying the same thing at the same time.  Occasionally so much in sync that you almost can't even tell we are both talking.  So a couple weeks back we were having dinner at our Ward Mission leader's house (Brother and Sister Morgan).  Sister Naylor and I were in the kitchen helping get dessert together and Sister Morgan told Brother Morgan the kind of ice cream he was getting with his dessert, and that he didn't have a choice.  He calls, "What about my free agency?!"  And then Sister Naylor and I yell, "It's not Free!"  Hahaha Oh, man it was so funny.  He laughed a lot.  He reminds me of Dad a lot.  Quiet strength, on the reserved side but secretly has a great sense of humor.

Funny/awkward thing: at one of our dinner appointments this week they were asking where I was from and I said Preston.  The wife says, "Oh, we have family in Preston!" and the husband says, "Well, ex family."  Puzzled look on my face. "My ex wife lives in Preston. Vikki Nartker?"  Ha!  Yep, I totally know her, and her kids. It was an odd conversation.  So yep, I know Vikki Nartker's ex husband.  He is a ward missionary.  He knows Sherri Rallison, too.  Because she was his sister-in-law.

Well, that's about it.  Love you all!

Sister Robinson

0 comments: