Dear Family,
I have been thinking about a scripture lately which I have some history with. When I had my mission “farewell” as a 19 year old, a sister in the ward was asked to sing a musical number. She chose the song “How Beautiful Upon The Mountains”. I don’t hear that song these days and I have not been able to find it (at least not the version that I knew), but I thought it was a really nice song. When I graduated from BYU and attended the ceremony for the College of Business, a young lady sang that same song, “How Beautiful Upon the Mountains”. And I really enjoyed it again. The reference in the song and in the scripture is usually thought of in relation to missionary work.
Mosiah 15
14 And these are they who have published peace, who have brought good tidings of good, who have published salvation; and said unto Zion: Thy God reigneth!
15 And O how beautiful upon the mountains were their feet!
16 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace! 17 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those who shall hereafter publish peace, yea, from this time henceforth and forever!
18 And behold, I say unto you, this is not all. For O how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that is the founder of peace, yea, even the Lord, who has redeemed his people; yea, him who has granted salvation unto his people;
20 And it came to pass that one of them said unto him: What meaneth the words which are written, and which have been taught by our fathers, saying:
21 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings; that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good; that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth.
These scriptures brought to my mind the verses from 3rd Nephi telling about when the Savior came to the people after his resurrection and they did bow down at his feet and did bathe his feet with their tears. It is His feet that bear the tokens of our salvation and they will be truly beautiful to us. I thought, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of all of the missionaries, and all people who walk in his footsteps and do His will.
3 Nephi 17
10 And they did all, both they who had been healed and they who were whole, bow down at his feet, and did worship him; and as many as could come for the multitude did kiss his feet, insomuch that they did bathe his feet with their tears.
I am thankful to have this experience at this time and to also have Charity and Andrew being able to have the experience at the same time. How beautiful upon the mountains are their feet. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of all of our children and their spouses and our grandchildren
as you all follow in the footsteps of the most beautiful feet. I love you all.
Dad
19 June 2015
How Beautiful
Posted by Raree (RAH-ree) at 2:04 PM
Labels: Dad, Missionary parents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment