Happy Father's day! Dad's are the best. Earthly Father, Heavenly Father https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages/earthly-father-heavenly-father
How's everyone doing?
This week was a lot less wet than the last one. So that was really nice. Plus Chile beat Bolivia 5 to 0! So that was awesome. haha. There have been some rumors about the groundbreaking of the temple here in Conce, but they're just rumors so far, so don't get too excited. Nothing has been announced oficially, but I hope it's true!!! Also, it's been confirmed that I will be singing the national anthem for a football game on the fourth of July! So that will be way fun! Oh, and friday night there was a little earthquake, but I'm used to it. I didn't even get out of bed. Because It was just after the our of going to bed. But the neighbors ran out of the house and were kind of freaking out. But it was just little. But it was honestly fun. The whole house was shaking in circles and it was kind of like a little roller coaster. The lights cut out for like a half hour, but we were trying to sleep anyway, so it didn't make any difference to us. haha. So don't worry. Just send me zots and socks. :) haha.
So basically, it was a great week! A sister gave us a reference and said they were gonna invite her and us to their FHE and she thinks she'll be pretty receptive! Woo hoo! And we're teaching the neighbor of Nancy, the recent convert, who is also pretty receptive. So things are going well! And a family of future investigators invited us to take once(own-say) and tea with them. Well, we can't drink tea, but once equals food, so sounds like a lesson to me! :) And they're really nice. We found them doing service, so they already love us and want us to marry their daughters. "I wish our daughters could fins some young gentlemen like you to take them away" Hard pass, but it was still nice.
This week was full of lessons about the priesthood. Near the end of Doctrine and Covenants section 121, I believe, it talks about how the power of the priesthood can only be held upon the principles of righteousness. and goes on to speak about the requirements to use it to it's full potential and the blessings when we achieve those requirements from 41 to 46. It says at the end that the spirit will be your constant companion. CONSTANT. That's like... well, Jesus Christ had the Holy Spirit as a constant companion. And it says that "without compulsory means it shall flow unto you forever and ever." Read those verses and repent and leave behind all of the things that impede you from being a person like that. Pray to God to help you recognize your sins so you can repent of them and become like Him.
When the spirit whispered these words to me I could feel the truthfulness of them. The class in Gospel principles this week was about repentance. The first step is recognizing that you have sinned. And I felt to pray to recieve that. And I know it's true. And I hope that you all know it's true. And that the priesthood power is real, and it is by that same power that God has created worlds without end. The other lesson that called my attention was humility. Look in Moses when he says "that man is nothing, which thing I had never supposed" and look what brought him this humility. David A. Bednar told a young man in a youth group activity that same thing, and it's awesome. Nephi said something similar, too. OH miserable man that I am he says in 2 nephi, and he was awesome! Learn what brought him to that state of humility.
haha. I've finished preaching now, but I hope that it can help you as much as it helped me. I hope you all have a fantastic week! I honestly love you all so much!
Mucho amor,
Elder Robinson
P.S. Please pray for me that I can recognize my sins and humble myself before the Lord.
0 comments:
Post a Comment