Established August 1970

08 June 2015

First ipad email

Well this week was pretty crazy. We pretty much went from having seven investigators  to having none. Most of them just stopped answering their door, phone etc.  We had a lesson with Lucy and it went pretty well but she is just not ready to change so we dropped her.  It was a cool lesson though because she has had some hang ups with prophets and the priesthood.  As I was explaining the role of prophets to her I really didn't know what I was going to say but things just came to mind and it didn't change her mind but I understood better by the end of the lesson. Last week we met Ulysses when we went to go and visit a member of the ward.  He was at her house because he was helping her.  She was having some sort of stroke or a seizure or something.  We were able to talk with her, and get the paramedics over there and then after had a lesson with Ulysses. He invited us over on Saturday to meet his wife and they are so amazing. They are very strong Christians and devoted to living Christ-like lives. They love the bible, and have a lot of similar beliefs. They honestly aren't really interested and actually think they need to help us stop following after idols.  They didn't say that because they were more tactful than that but that's what they think.  But they said they would read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  Jamie (his wife) is just seriously awesome.  Super sweet and has been on a spiritual journey.  She has a minor in Bible.  So I'm out of my depth, but I can always testify!  We read them Moroni's promise and they accepted the challenge.  I'm not sure they are ready, but either way they are awesome and I'm happy to have met them. 

I've told ya'll about Christian before.  "it's true, and real, and you can see it outside."  We saw him this week and invited him to a scripture study class our District Leader has been doing.  He came, and I was not feeling well at all so I was in the bathroom for about 20 minutes and when I came back it was pretty clear that he had taken over the class.  He was Bible thumping.  It was so incredibly uncomfortable and stressful, and I felt terrible for making the Elders deal with him.  We didn't know he would be like that...but it was actually super cool because our District Leader (Elder Michie) handled it like a pro.  He just bore his testimony and invited Christian to read the Book of Mormon.  Christian did not accept the invitation but it was awesome to see the spirit direct the conversation.  So although Christian chose not to listen it was still pretty successful.  Because you are successful when you follow the spirit!

Members took us to this cool thing for dinner at a park where once a month there are a bunch of food trucks. I had a gyro. It was good! And super fun.

We got our iPads! They are great. And so helpful. And have given us some serious entertainment. Sister Naylor and I spent our get ready for bed time last night taking ugly pictures and laughing super hard. The first night our district leader airdropped ugly selfies as I was busy cracking myself up with my own selfies. Great minds?  Anyway, with the iPads I am allowed to read emails all week!  So if you feel like sending me messages or thoughts or anything I will get them!  But I can only respond on P-day, but I can read them whenever.  So that will be fun!  Love you guys!

Sister Robinson

0 comments: