Established August 1970

16 June 2015

Pictures:)

Well, it's transfer week again!  Crazy crazy.  Sister Naylor is going to my old ward, El Dorado!  And I am staying in Del Campo and getting two new companions.  Sister Limb and  Sister Christensen.  Both of them just finished training so they are both pretty new missionaries.  I still feel new myself.  So it will be an adventure!  Sister Barfuss, my trainer, is training again so I get a "sister"!  Our area picked up a little bit, we added an investigator yesterday.

Couple quick stories.  We had dinner with a lady in the ward that is old and kind of crazy.  The only light in the house was a lamp, she has like 7 cats and there was a path from the front door to the kitchen.  Otherwise the room was full of random junk.  We ate cold green beans from a can covered in mayo, and macaroni noodles with tuna fish and alfredo sauce.  The pasta was actually pretty ok, the green beans were AWFUL.  I was actually kind of glad it was dark so I couldn't see that well what I was eating.  It was by far the worst dinner I've had yet.  Good story to tell though.  At service the other day we were trimming trees at the park and we unearthed a hobo camp.  Shopping carts full of stuff and covered with a sheet hiding in the trees.  Haha it's so crazy.  We also went to a Bible study held by our investigator Ulysses and his wife, Jamie.  They go to the Church of Christ.  We aren't going to keep teaching them probably because they have been reading the Book of Mormon and they don't like it.  They think Nephi is arrogant and doesn't give the credit to God so they don't think it is an inspired book and they keep trying to convert us to their church.  Ha, they even gave us their version of a pass along card.  But their Bible study was awesome.  They talked about being peacemakers--studying from Matthew.  It was a really good conversation on how we can be peacemakers and still stand for our beliefs.  Those people are just super cool, and really great Christians that believe in living it.  It was also cool because afterward they asked us questions about being missionaries and we shared the baptismal covenant from Alma.  Relating it to being peacemakers by mourning with those that mourn and comforting those that stand in need of comfort.  So it was a good positive experience for all those from their church that came.

That's about it!  Love you guys!  The pictures are one day it rained so I used the excuse to wear my cute scarf and use my umbrella, and we went to the temple today.  Sister Naylor, me, Sister Barfuss, and Sister Rasmussen.  Love these sisters!

Sister Robinson




0 comments: