Established August 1970

18 January 2016

Well, this is awkward


We did facials a while back.  Don't worry, I don't think my clothes
match, this is at home wear only :)
I love how Dove tells me to indulge :)

I can't remember if I sent this before or not. This is half the mission at Christmas conference last transfer. I am on the right side.
Another week in Folsom! I am going to backtrack a little bit to a story I forgot from last week. In the Folsom zone each transfer for a while now they have been doing Dundee Awards. This is based on the tv show, "The Office." They are basically just funny awards our Zone Leaders give us at the end of the transfer for fun. For example, last transfer Sister Erickson got the, "World's Best Mom" award because she is always cleaning up after everyone, fixing things, and being mom-ish. We gave our zone leaders awards since they don't make them for themselves. One was really trunky so his was the, "I'm Already Home" award. The other has a sick yoda voice so his was, "The Force is Strong with This One." So, now that the explanation is out of the way, my award for last transfer was the "Uhhhh...No" award. It made me laugh so so hard. Also made me feel like the most boring person on
the planet, but it was still funny. Guess some things never change.

This week I was calling a family in the Ward to set up our dinner appointment. They didn't answer so I was leaving a message. In the middle of the message it sounded like they picked up the phone, so I
said, "hello?...hello?..is anyone there?" And no one answered so I went on to say, "Okay, well this is going to be an awkward message, but we were calling because..." Then it made the sound again like they were answering so I just stop...uh...Sister Erickson starts laughing and says, "Just tell then to call us back and hang up!" So I did precisely that. "Ok, just give us a call back. Thanks!" Hahaha oh man, we both died laughing. I SO wish I could have heard that voicemail. Talk about being dignified...

One night this week we had a relief society activity we went to, and we ended up with little cherry pies made in mason jars. It was pretty cute. Anyway we decided we needed some ice cream to go with it so we wanted to stop by a nearby McDonald's to get some cheap vanilla. We put it in the GPS and we are driving along this sketchy random road that seems like it could not possibly lead to a McDonald's. It's all windy and dark with no street lights. I'm looking around and I say, "Hey, is that the church???" Sure enough, the next street sign we see we are turning on to Green Valley Road, the street the church is on. So the GPS (which we have named Bertha, thinking it would be a good
name to yell when we are frustrated with it) took us in a giant, weird loop to get us about 3 yards away from where we started. We laughed pretty hard at that too. I guess we are easily entertained.

Nicole (our referral from last week) canceled two appointments with us this week, and ended up telling us she wants to, "play it by ear." We are taking that to mean, "I'll call you." But we are going to drop by sometime this week and just offer service or something.

We were finally able to talk with Billur for a few minutes, and she has not been getting back with us because she is now working 80 hour weeks at the hospital. Between those 80 hour weeks and being
hospitalized with pneumonia over the past month she has read the entire Book of Mormon. What??? So hopefully we will be able to teach her again soon!

That's pretty much what's been going on! This week we have a missionary broadcast coming up so I am WAY excited for that! Have a great, grand, and wonderful day!

Sister Robinson

0 comments: