"Wherefore teach it unto your children, that all men, everywhere, must repent, or they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God, for no unclean thing can dwell there, or dwell in his presence; for, in the language of Adam, Man of Holiness is his name, and the name of his Only Begotten is the Son of Man, even Jesus Christ, a righteous Judge, who shall come in the meridian of time."
Hi guys!
Yet another extraordinary week. This week has been full of a lot of surprises. And a lot of work here in the office getting ready for transfers. For the last time. Just so you all know, the next time I will be writing is next Monday. Not the 11th. But the 18th. Because I will be going back to normal missionary life and having my P-Day on Monday. I'm pretty excited to leave the office and go to a new sector and be able to work all day. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here in the office, don't get me wrong. I feel like I've honestly made the most of it, but it really helped me value time a lot more. Value it, manage it, and how it feels to lose it as well. I truly feel that this time was to show me that I needed to take advantage of every moment, and do the very best you can do, because you honestly never know when it could be cut short or lost.
We've been focusing a lot on goals as a mission, and I've come to realize that it's honestly really hard to progress and organize yourself if you don't have specific, and written goals. Elder M. Russel Ballard said, "I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life." I was really impressed by that, and although I don't have that much experience to say of myself that it is true, I have seen the good setting goals has done in my life.
All the prophets have testified about the coming of Christ, about the Messiah who would be born in the city of David, to redeem the world. They also prophesied about his coming in the latter-days. Man of Holiness is his name. Prince of Peace, Almighty God, the perfect example of charity. We have heard His voice, we have felt His love, and we must strive to live and share His teachings and follow His example. And truly,"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." The greatest act of love that has occurred. The sacrifice of the perfect lamb, so that we may repent and be clean.
I have felt more than ever this week the need that we have to repent and be clean to prepare ourselves for His coming. No unclean thing can dwell in his presence, and He will be our righteous Judge. He already paid for our sins and we only need to repent and follow Him. "Wherefore teach it unto your children..."
I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week! I'll be looking forward to reading your emails and writing in one week and 2 days! Thank you for all your love and prayers! I do feel them every day.
Love,
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment