Established August 1970

25 January 2016

Hilda

This week was pretty good. We went on team ups with the Sister Training Leaders, meaning that we switch companions for a couple of hours and all four of us work in our area. I got to go with Sister
Limb and is was super fun. It was great to catch up and get to work with her. I am still hoping somehow we will be companions again haha. Don't know if she feels the same way...but I'd be happy!

The mission broadcast was awesome. I learned so much, it was really helpful to get some ideas of what to focus on and where I can improve. Some things that I especially loved were Elder Bednar's teachings about the spirit. He explained a lot about how to recognize the spirit. They talked about how we need to stop thinking of the Holy Ghost as a tool for us to use and realize that we need to be the tool. We need to be prepared for the Holy Ghost to direct us in doing the Lord's work. It was honestly so great, and cool to think that Andrew and Mom and Dad would all be watching it. I highly recommend that if there is access for you all to watch it that you do so. Also I would recommend the videos that are available on lds.org on Sabbath Day Observance. They would be great material for  family home evenings and making plans (as a family council) on how you will improve your Sabbath day observance to make it a delight.

We did service at the old folks home again this week and I played monopoly with them. Some of them are pretty incapable of playing so I have to do everything for them. It makes it pretty busy haha. One of the ladies was named Hilda...the second she sat down she started swearing haha. She wasn't angry or anything, it's just how she communicates I guess. It was really pretty hilarious.

We went by to visit a woman in the Ward that another member had recommended we see. As it turns out her son was recently killed. It was amazing to see the faith which she has had throughout this whole process. She has seen many tender mercies as people have flocked around her and been placed in her path for her to help, and to help her. I was completely at a loss what to say or do to help her. Sister Erickson said some things that were absolutely perfect and obviously guided by the spirit. It was cool to see what we talked about in the broadcast in action. It's amazing how Heavenly Father knows His children and how He can guide us to act in their service. We committed her to read the Book of Mormon, looking for Hope.

This week I have a question for all of you. What makes you trust a missionary? What is it about a missionary companionship that gives you confidence in them? This questions stems from an  experience this week. A member texted us and said that they knew someone who is interested in taking the missionary lessons. This person does not live in our Ward boundaries. We told her we would be happy to get her in touch with the elders that are in that area. She asked us how sharp the elders are. We hesitated to answer. I wasn't really sure why. There are some elders in my zone that I would immediately feel confident in saying they are great and will take care of these people. These elders are good, but I didn't want to put my reputation on the line by recommending them because I wasn't totally sure they were exceptional. We told her they were good and would do a good job, but
I wondered why the hesitation? What is the difference between these elders and those that I would not hesitate to recommend? I want to be the missionaries that people trust. That they would not  hesitate to recommend. I can't figure out what the difference is, so I am looking for ideas on what gives you confidence in missionaries? Love you all!
Have a great week!

Sister Robinson

0 comments: