Established August 1970

18 January 2016

Los Volcanes!

Hello family and friends!

I have amazing news! I got sent to the best zone in the mission! With the best companion! And the best missionaries here ever! I'm in the zone of Chillan! And the name of the ward is Los Volcanes (the volcanoes) and I'm with somoe canadian bacon, Elder Archibald. He was in my zone in Talcahuano Sur, so we were basically already best friends, and he is from Medicine Hat, Canada. And so far the ward is amazing. The members are so funny and there are so many crazy stories and hilarious gossip here. It's just great. I woudl tell you some of the stories, but it's sufficient to say that there are many of them. And they are really juicy... maybe in a few weeks I'll tell you about some. 

I'm about an hour and a half from the mission home, it's a whole different world out here. It's not countryside, though. It's got stores and stuff in centro, and there are a lot of missionaries out here as well. Actually, it's the biggest zone in the mission, which is pretty sweet! And I'm working on a zone song to get us pumped! haha. It's coming along quite nicely. 

As far as investigators go, we don't have anyone that's progressing right now, but we're gonna turn things around here soon. The members are sweet, though. There are a lot of primary kids, and they already love me, so it was pretty fun on Sunday. haha. The members like to leave with us here, the ward is fairly organized, it sounds like the stake presidency might be a little corrupt, but that's life. :) haha. Some more gossip that we've heard. :) 

One thing we're doing is making batches of 200 cookies, and taking them to the members, which was Elder Archibald's idea. It worked out really nicely, and it was really fun! haha. It's really really hot here, though. It's supposed to be like 100 degrees here every day this week. But it's ok. It just means lots of water drinking. Also, close to our sector there is an active volcano that is currently going off, nothing big, just little puffs of smoke, but it's predicted to have a decent eruption here soon. Hopefully the smoke cloud makes the temperature a little lower! :) haha. I'm not too worried, though. Chileans always exaggerate. :)

Love you guys! Hope you all have an amazing week! We're trying to organize the area and find investigators this week, so any prayers to help us would be amazing! 

Con much amor,

Elder Robinson

0 comments: