Friday we made reservations for the Microtel, March 5,6 in Queson City. 4:00 we walked the Esplanade, 5:00
we visited Sister Timbas(91); went by Quennie's and she answered--we
visited at her gate. Satan is really keeping her from church. She
can't explain it but she thinks all her "bad luck" started with the
church. She is not thinking straight. So sad. Ray told her about
Job--but he never blamed God. Home at 7:00. I had some terrible pain tonight in my back in connection with the shingles virus. If it continues, I will have to see a doctor.
Saturday 7:50
we started with apartment checks in Central zone with zone leaders.
After checks, we took the leaders to McDonald's for a meal. Returned
them to their apartment and we went to ours for a short rest. Went to
Jalandoni. Grace Villavert came and talked of her on-going romance. It
was fun. A sister serving in Antique where Grace lives asked Grace to
take Christmas presents to her family in Cebu since Grace was going
there on a temple trip. Grace said she would and then she met the
sisters returned missionary brother and they have been communicating
daily since. He will be coming to our island to meet her family in a
few weeks. It is fun. Then we picked up Boiser at Diversion 21 for a
meeting with President Suya (north stake). It was great! 8:00 we returned him to Diversion 21. Home.
Sunday
prepared my talk; sent some bananas and ginger ale to Elder
Lundquist, a new missionary who is having the introductory sickness
here. Most of them go through this: stomach cramps, diarrhea, throw
up. I didn't but most are not as careful as I am about what they eat
and drink and eating as I am. Attended and spoke at LaPuz Ward. Three
of our self reliant stars are in this Ward--the jewelry lady, the fish
man, and the electrician. We love these people! Hard to control our
emotions. 12:30
ate lunch. Onto San Miguel--whoops...I left my bag in LaPaz chapel
with my ID. Ugh😝. We had to drive back right then and get it, so we
missed San Miguel group. Took a rest and then picked up President
Insigne's family for the Area Presidency broadcast at Arevalo. Visited
with friends there. Took material scraps from my dresses and shirts in
the mission to a sister who is going to make a small rug out of them.
That is her business. Gave the zone leaders a ride home with us (Elder
Swanton from Nibley and Elder Robertson from Salt Lake area).
Monday routine. Stopped by the park where there was a three zone activity for p-day and visited with some of the missionaries. 10:00
onto Jalandoni; Cushings came and we visited, then went to SM for
lunch, purchased a pineapple/mango fruitas shake, then to the Atrium
for a few groceries and we parted; onto Jalandoni for a "Called to
Serve". Home 8:00. Full day.
Tuesday routine. District meeting. 3 Nephi 20:10.
"And it came to pass that when they had all given glory unto Jesus, He
said unto them: Behold now I finish the commandment which the Father
hath commanded me concerning this people, who are a remnant of the house
of Israel." What a wonderful feeling to complete my mission with that
feeling that we have finished the commandment which the Father hath
commanded me concerning this people. I love these people and I am
amazed at the love Jesus offers me, to have been given this experience,
in this land, among these people. Off to Jalandoni. Lunch. Went to
Arevalo to turn in apartment checks for Central Zone. Esplanade for our
walk. Home. Kyle Sorilla came over to assist Ray in giving me a
blessing for the shingles. They have been increasing in intensity and
pain the last ten days. I finally gave in to call upon the Lord through
the priesthood power to release my body of this virus. I don't know why
I waited so long but I didn't want to bother Him with something I
thought would just go away. But I guess His ways are not my ways and He
wanted me to humble myself and ask. He does not think I'm a nuisance,
just His daughter. Bed.
Wednesday
routine. The pain is gone, the irritations are gone. Ray cleaned the
bathroom. Shopped at SM. There were a lot of fruits and vegetables, so
that was exciting. We took our groceries home. Ate lunch. Went to
Jalandoni. Taught Institute: "Each of us can help build the Kingdom of
God on the earth". Only two showed up. One girl told us ahead of time
that she had an exam so she wanted some make-up. "Church activity will
provide an anchor for you like nothing else on earth, for it will give
you the opportunity to discover for yourself the real meaning of
happiness. (Elder Backman 70). ...increased participation in church
activity indicates a desire to be a partaker of spirituality, the
highest acquisition of the soul. (President David O. McKay). As we
invest our time, talents, and means to build Zion, our hearts are
purified, our wisdom increases, celestial habits begin to form, and the
Holy Spirit prepares us to receive the presence of the Father and the
Son; thrusting in our sickles to help build the Lords kingdom should
be the prime focus of our lives. The key decisions pertaining to
education, career, marriage, and the very use of our time, talent, and
means should prayerfully hinge on how best we can serve the Master,
building His kingdom and becoming perfected in Him. "
(Dale Miller 70) ". What a blessing has been ours to serve while our
last two children are serving and our other children are fully engaged
in the most important work here or in eternity--that of being fathers
and mothers and creating homes for those children Heavenly Father sends
with His personal invitation to help them return to Him and inviting the
Spirit into your homes to teach truth. "No other success can
compensate for failure in the home."(Prophet). The Lord has truly
prospered us in the land. 5:00 walk on the Esplanade. Home.
Thursday routine. 8:00 had the vehicle serviced. 10:30 Arevalo for some business. Home, lunch. 2:00 Jalandoni. 4:30
walk on the Esplanade. Home. Kyle and Kate Sorilla are coming for
dinner. We made a nice dinner, curry chicken, brown/wild rice, stir-fry
vegetables (onions, carrots, sayote, green beans, squash),
banana-raspberry pudding, watermelon. I think they really enjoyed it
and we had a nice visit, as always. They left. We cleaned up like my
dad always told me to do. Bed.
Friday 6:15 am
we headed toward Antique for apartment checks. It is a two hour ride
to where we meet the elders. I prepared egg/tuna/pickle sandwich and
cracker for us to eat for breakfast on the go. When we got to our
waiting point, we had a beggar girl come lay on my window. I gave her
some cut-up fruit I had prepared for us...pineapple, papaya,
watermelon...she ate it and seemed to enjoy. Ray gave her ten pesos but
she returned one of them. The missionaries came, Elder Bowden and
Gomez. We went to Dao, Hamtic, San Jose, Sibalom, Bugasong, Culasi,
Tibao(where we ate at the Green Mug but they did not have my buko pandan
green shake so I was disappointed); but the missionaries really enjoyed
being treated for lunch. Then continued to Pandan where Elder Kei and
Elder Elkington are serving. They live in a resort owned by members.
Wow, that was amazing! We took pictures and really enjoyed walking
around. Then for the ride back. We got into San Jose and to the
Pinnacle Hotel after dropping off the missionaries in their area around 7:15..
It was a long, tiring day but hopefully we encouraged the missionaries
and lifted their spirits. Goodnight. Mom, Sister Robinson III,
Grandma,
15 January 2016
Friday, January 8, 2016-Friday, January 15, 2016
Posted by Raree (RAH-ree) at 7:34 PM
Labels: Missionary parents, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment