What's up?
What a crazy week this has been as well! It honestly feels like I just wrote an email a few days ago! Maybe I should just write every other week? haha. Just kidding. Are you guys getting pumped for Thanksgiving? Because I sure am! And this year I'll get to have a real Thanksgiving dinner because we're spoiled and President and Sister Arrington invited us to have Thanksgiving dinner with them. How lucky are we? They are so awesome. Also, today we went and hiked a hill that was called el cerro caracol! That means snail hill, because it looks like a snail shell! It was really beautiful.
This week was also interesting because neither of the Assistents have their license (one expired, and the other was taken away for speeding) so we got to be their chauffers for the week, and until one has their license again. But there will be a new assistent this next week, so hopefully he can drive. haha.
Also... sadly I have to report that Giovana did not make it to church this week, and the reason is even more sad. Her bf came home way drunk on Saturday night, he had gone to a party and gotten drunk, and Giovana felt so disappointed. But when we went to visit her, she had read about the plan of salvation and was full of light and hope once more! It was incredible. She was even more excited for church this week, and we taught her the Word of Wisdom and commited her to live it, and share it with her boyfriend. Today we're going to visit her and find out how it went. She said it might take her a few days to do it so she can calm down and forgive him, but she said she'd do it and try to convince him and help him understand as well. Plus she accepted the word of wisdom like a champion. She said, "It's a good thing you came and taught me today, Elder, because tomorrow I was going to a girlfriend party and we were gonna drink cofee! But now that I know, I'll take ECO!" Which is like a coffee substitute, that isn't against the word of wisdom. Kind of like Postum. If anyone remembers what that is. :)
We also found Marta this week, she's cool. We've only visited her once, but she had already started reading the book of mormon before we even visited her, because we gave it to her in the street. She seems like she's gonna be really great.
Life is good. :) This week was pretty crazy, there was a lot of things that came up suddenly that made it so we had to be in the office taking care of some things for President, and so it was a little hard. But it was still great. I'm just way excited to go to church tomorrow! And speaking of the word of wisdom D&C 89:19 speaking of those who keep this commandment... "And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures..." That sounds like something we all need desperately in this world of confusion. Wisdom, and treasures of knowledge. And that's how we get it. Using our wisdom, and following the counsels of the Lord.
Have an incredible week! Enjoy your thanksgiving!
Love,
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment