Hey guys!
Man, do I have a sick story to tell you guys! But I'm not gonna tell you.... just kidding! I am! Because it was too cool! But first, how was your guys week! It was so beautiful here! It's starting to get really warm, it's a little overcast today, but still beautiful. And yesterday we went to San Carlos (which is about two hours away) to help the missionaries out there with a couple of things, so that was cool. But anyway....
So remember Giovana? Well... on Tuesday we had a really good lesson with her, we had left her to read the pamphlet about the law of chastity (because she is co-living) and when we went to visit her, it was obvious that something had changed, she told us straight up that she had realized that she had been fornicating, and that she needed to stop, so we asked her if she would like our help in making a plan to get married. And she said, YES! So we made a plan, and the first one was, obviously, talk with her boyfriend, Julio. So we wrote down three steps and a date that she chose, which was December 5th. And so that was her homework for this week, to speak with Julio, and we planned to go back on Thursday. And it just happened to be that we had to go pick up Hermana Arrington (the President's wife) and Elder Jaen (our friend, and one of the AP's.) So we asked them to come with us...
And they did! So we got there and Giovana was absolutely glowing, she told us that her boyfriend Julio had seen the paper and said, "I see you've already commited me to marriage!" And he started making plans! And not only to get married, but to spend more time with the family, to leave behind his drinking friends and everything! And she told us that she had started reading the book of mormon and praying every day! haha. How incredible is that. And so we had planned on teaching them about the importance of keeping the sabbath day holy. And it went incredibly well. We asked her why she she wanted to keeep the sabbath day holy for the rest of her life and she said, "I want to keep the day of rest so that I can be prepared to be recieved in His glory when He comes again." It was amazing. I honestly felt that the Lord was pouring His spirit and blessings up her and her family. Not to mention the fact that she had a dream, and recieved her answer about the book of mormon, and in the dream a voice told her that Christ would be coming soon and that she needed to prepare herself. Nothing huge. :)
So we're feeling pretty happy, and gratfeul. It is such a joy when people finally get it. It's like they finaly start cheering for the right team! Well, for their own team, really.
I love you guys a ton, basically. And hope you have a fantastic week!
Elder Robinson
P.S. There were other sick things that happened this week, but I have to save some stories for after the mission! :D haha.
0 comments:
Post a Comment