So say hello to my new p-day!
It feels way weird to be doing this on Saturday. haha. But that's just how it is! It was a nutso week full of fun surprises! Like, I have my own phone and people are calling my #alldayeryday asking me to do stuff. Which is way fun now that I know how to do them! At first it was lame because I was just like... "Elder Anderson?" After every phone call. But now I'm starting to get it. It's fun stuff. Plus on Tuesday, I got to help receive all the new missionaries that came in this transfer and one of them was... Thomas Regis! One of my friends from Bountiful High School! So that was way fun to see him.
I also got to watch a safety video about driving, because I'm now one of four missionaries in the mission that gets to drive. How fun is that! And that means that if I crash, we've got problems. And Chileans drive like maniacs, so I'll get way good. Part of my job is to do whatever people call and ask me to do, area maps, new name tags, and all the other missionary materials. Also I get to send in all the baptismal forms every week and every month make a numbers report to send to every stake in the mission, also taking pictures and stuff of the activities and conferences and doing other stuff. But it's a good time. And I live in a house with 6 missionaries! Imagine that. And it is pretty fun, and we have 2 showers, so it's not a problem. And we live with the Assistants, so we just get to be buds.
I hope you guys are all enjoying Autumn! I love Autumn! We're going into spring here, but it's basically the same as winter. Rain, mist, random sunny days. Also, last night we found a new investigator! And she's committed to go to church tomorrow! She's the mom of a recent convert and they are Peruvians. They're really nice, and they do speak a lot differently than the Chileans. It's a lot clearer.
My companion is awesome, his name is Elder Anderson, he's from Las Vegas (his full name is Justin Kace, funny right?) and he comes from a family of 11 or 12! I don't remember. And the last 6 are all adopted. That's way sweet, right? And he has a scholarship to play Lacrosse at UNC. He's jacked. And so I'm taking advantage of his know how of #gettingshredded so I'm basically gonna get huge.
I haven't been able to meet that many members yet, but the ones I've met are way nice and helpful. There is a ton of ysa's in the ward, because it's University Ward (that's what it's called) and a lot of recent converts as well. And we teach English every week, it was really fun. Also, if you have any fun didactic ideas to memorize scriptures, they'd be helpful because we're memorizing scriptures together as a mission. Sweet, right?
I read a talk by David A. Bednar that's called Because we have them before our eyes or something but it talks about scripture study. Three ways to study the scriptures, cover to cover-which gives a general knowledge, by theme- which deepens your understanding of every topic, and by connection- which gives you to understand the breadth of the topics as well. That's not word for word, that's just what I remember. I just want to give you all the challenge to read that talk and make the commitment to improve your studying of the scriptures. I just started this week and it's already helped a lot. Teaching in the Savior's way really is the key. But to be able to really do it, we have to obtain a knowledge of His word deeply connected to our hearts through the Holy Spirit, and then we can teach and live in a way that is clear and can open the way for others. Families, spouses, children, friends, whoever.
I love you all a ton, I hope you have a fantastic week! Take advantage of all the end of summer sales! :)
Love,
Elder Robinson
P.S. Please pray for me that I may be able to see the opportunities for creative service and take them.
P.P.S. Shout out to my main girls/sisters Sarah (for having a cute little boy) and April (for her baby that's coming in February)!
0 comments:
Post a Comment