Hey guys!
I hope your week has been as fantastic as
mine was! Because that would mean it was really fantastic. The mission
is such a blast, I highly suggest it. It does have some down sides like
there aren't any good in n out burgers or anything similar, and there
are no smashburger shakes. And not even one costco! But there are some
weird foods that are pretty good that I'm gonna make you all eat!
Later.
First off, my comp is the man. And he's
got a rich girlfriend that sends him sweet packages. But that's what I
get for not going into sports. :) haha. But he's also gonna play lax for
UNC when he gets back, which is basically a big deal. And we found
several investigators this week and that was just too cool.
One
is called victor he's 62 and his brother has been a member for forever
and he has never shared with victor! So we shared the message with him
and he said he really wanted to know if what we said was true. So he's
going to church tomorrow! I hope! haha. But he really thought about it seriously before he commited to go, so I'm thinking he will go.
We also found two young men, but they don't live in our ward but they both accept a baptismal date for the 5th of september
and we explained to them that they could come to our ward this week
with their friend (Javier, an 18 year old recent convert) and then if
they wanted to keep learning we could pass their information to the
missionaries in their wards. Javier was really happy and so were they!
Also, Javier leaves and visits with us every single day almost. It's
pretty impressive, and he is starting his mission papers this week! WHOO
HOO!
And Giovana, the mother of Viviana, is
doing well, she started working so we havne't been able to visit her
very much this week but we're gonna find out today if she talked to hour
bf and what they decided. She also told us that if he doesn't want to
get married, she's out of there. Because she wants to get baptized!!! oh
ya! But she probably will go back to Peru or something if she moves
out, so we'll just trust that she will make sure to find the
missionaries, and the ward if she ends up going. But I personally think
that wedding bells are ringing. Also, her son Myron, he's 12, he wants
to get baptized as well. Imagine that!
Basically
we have been really blessed to find some really good investigators, and
severl lame ones that I probably won't talk about. :) haha. Also the
members here are so funny. They all have there little quirks that are
just too weird and hilarious. Some of them get jealous if we spend too
much time with another family, and some of them (Ortensia) are
definitely crazy and asks us to heal her broken arms, which are not
broken, and then she says they feel better, but when we come around
again, they're broken again. haha. Rough life. :)
I've
learned on the mission how important it is to have a strong testimony
of the restoration of the gospel. I've also learned that there are so
many people that really have the same beliefs as us, they just don't
know that God has put a church, with all the teachings from the
scriptures, here on earth with living apostles and prophets, with new
revelation, with authority, and with the amazing power of the
priesthood, that knows and understands the roles of mother and father
and of husband and wife. And then when we talk to them they kind of
realize, oh! This is what I wanted to hear all of my life! But I didn't
ask you guys because I thought you worshipped Joseph Smith!
#miscommunication #theadversary
I love you guys
so much! #sharethegospel How great shall be your joy if you should
bring many souls unto Christ! And I know you do it, and it's so awesome!
Love,
Elder Robinson
P.S.
Here are some photos of our FHE with some members last night, with
sopaipillas and don't eat joseph! (a fun game my companion and I
brought)
0 comments:
Post a Comment