Friday
we cleaned another fan and finished scrubbing two bathroom walls--2
left to scrub. When the owner hired someone to clean the apartment for
us, they painted the tile and the floor. Well, of course, the paint is
peeling off the floor from the shower water. The owner scrubbed some of
the paint off the tiles but it still needs scrubbing. One tile was
still completely white except where the water drips. We received an
email from Charity. The topamax that the doctor gave her for the
headaches is not working. After a week, she woke up with her face
tingling. The good news--no more drugs. She may have to return home
for a complete neurology work up. We went to the Center and waited for
Cushings' call. We picked them up at Ortiz wharf and went to SM for
Belgian waffles. I had garlic tuna with cream cheese and a chocolate
hazelnut one for dessert and Ray got us a buko shake. We walked the
Esplanade. It is a beautiful river walk in bricks and beautiful flowers
and trees. Then we went to Arevalo to pick up boxes for Cushings and
for the Guimaras missionaries. Perry baby, Kenneth Rob Perry born this
morning! I may have repeated some of this. I just noticed. Sorry.
Maybe the second time is more interesting😜. We took Cushings to our
apartment and ate beans, guacamole, sour cream and chips and played
Rummicube. At 4:30
we took them and all the parcels to Ortiz wharf. We drove a new road (just made and just partially opened). They are in a constant
improvement mode here. This is a progressing economy. Then we went to
McDonald's for chicken, apple pie and caramel sundae. We will re-listen to April conference and go to bed.
Saturday we received the baby news but in the states it was really Friday...well,
I don't know. It was the 31😀. I have struggled since February with a
frozen left shoulder. And answers came today in an email from Ranae
yesterday and in my reading in Philippians 4:6, 11, 13. Be careful for
nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known unto God. 11 not that I speak in
respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 13. I can do all things through Christ which
strengtheneth me. And then Ranae's letter came saying that it would take
past my mission time to heal. I am exercising it from information
about frozen shoulder on the Internet. I feel encouraged. We went to
the Center, came home for lunch, brought in the wash, went back to the
Center; talked with Butch about a fireside and came home 5:30. Fasting.
Sunday Mandurriao church at 8:00.
We took all six missionaries with us. We had an interesting experience
during the sacrament. It was stopped halfway through. The water was
bad. Yes, we got some of the bad water but it didn't make us sick. It
was a different experience having it interrupted and then re-prepared,
re-blessed and then passed to those who had not had it yet. We received
Andrew's email today. His p day is now his Saturday, our Sunday.
He's pretty excited about his situation. At the same time a sadness
weighs on my mind and heart for Charity. After Mandurriao church we
made a quick bagel sandwich and went to the Center to talk on the phone
where we can get good reception to President Jardine. Then we went to
San Miguel group--2 investigators, 1 convert. President Garcia
attended and bore a strong heartfelt testimony. I led the music, Ray
said prayers. Home at 4:45. Looked over some church videos to show to Quennie and Brakie for f.h.e.
Monday we went to the Center. We were asked to teach Institute again Wednesday.
We showed Quennie and Brakie "Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the
Restoration." We fed them rice and my Filipino version of jambalaya and
corn flake treats (rice krispie treats but with corn flakes). We don't
find rice krispies said here. Received email from Rachael.
Tuesday
we talked with President Jardine and they will try a physical therapist
for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. We had a district meeting
in our apartment. Everyone was up on their scripture reading, NT 1512
so Ray and I cut up dragon fruit, papaya, guyabano and made cinnamon
roll pancakes with cream cheese glaze and four seasons juice and
pineapple/ orange juice. One, Sister Serveza said she didn't like
cinnamon but that was the best pancake she had ever had. It was lots of
fun. Unfortunately, I ate half a pancake with all that sugar and I had
eaten an almond snickers bar (hard to find); They are usually with
peanuts: yep, sugar overdose. Now I have my first illness in eleven
months: head cold, sinus, sore throat, fever, chills. Good news: experience is a good teacher. That's why Heavenly Father sent us here.
Sometimes we learn and relearn from experience. Whoa! This is about Wednesday. Back to Tuesday,
after district meeting, we had the car washed and did a little shopping
at Robinson's across the street from the car wash; we went to the
Center, then 2:00
home for lunch; then back to the Center where Ray helped a sister from
Leganes get on the website for "Starting and Growing My Business". Home
7:30. And I'm having chicken broth with onions, whole cut up lemon, and vermicelli noodles.
Wednesday,
yes, I did my exercises and I believe my shoulder is responding--there
is less eye closing/stomach sickening pain. So I'm happy with some more
progress. This afternoon we taught Institute again. The students came
back for a second round of us😜. It's a great group of single adults,
with two return missionaries in the group and one preparing to go. 2
Timothy 3:15-17. There is a way to salvation in these latter-days.
Thanks to all who are reading from the scriptures and having prayers
daily. "You lift me and I'll lift thee and well ascend together." Try
it. Back to back. Arms linked at elbows. Lean against each other and
see if you can rise together. It works but there is a learning
curve.😀. Class went well. We came home by 5:30.
I feel awful. I had onion, garlic, chicken broth with rice soup. Ray
made himself a cheese sandwich. Goodnight. I have all day to rest tomorrow.
Thursday we to the Center until 1:30 then back to the apartment for the day. My voice is gone and my energy.
08 August 2015
Week of July 31-August 6
Posted by Raree (RAH-ree) at 8:40 AM
Labels: Missionary parents, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment