Established August 1970

30 April 2012

From Julie

Note from Rachael: Julie emailed this directly to me, which totally works. To email directly to the blog, you really do just exactly the same as for an email. Just email your post to rareeallred1.robinsonshavingfun@blogger.com. And having just had a baby at the end of March, I'd say Julie had a very valid excuse for not getting this to me until now, don'tcha think? :)

Please forgive my silence on this in April; it's been a busy month here.  And thanks for the reminder, Andrew.  I didn't want to miss my chance to share some things about some of my favorite people....

My first memory of April was when Ray and I were dating.  The details are a little sketchy, but I think he brought April, Rachael, and Sarah with him on a Sunday and we all went to church together with my family (?).  The thing I remember is that they were every bit as pretty as Ray had described them, plus soft and kind and witty.  My mom used them as a confirming witness that this match was meant to be--I can still remember the intensity of her expression when telling me what nice girls she thought they were.  Surely a family with girls of this caliber must be worth marrying into, maybe some of their greatness would one day be manifest in Raymond! :)  April has been a loyal sister/friend from the start... Living next door to her and Mike was a true tender mercy of the Lord.  She has taken care of me from day one and there are too many kind deeds to list, but a sampling could include helping me pull off Susan's green egg and ham birthday party, babysitting while Ray and I went on dates (now she knows what a gift that was!), driving me to the hospital when I was in labor and couldn't reach Raymond, a four-tiered, four-colored sherbet birthday cake, enlightening conversations, a sympathetic hug as I bemoan my lack of homemaking/mothering skill, Princess Academy cross-stitching instruction... Like I said, too many to list.  But I will love her forever!  And will aspire to be more like her in service, learning, boldness, loyalty, and care.

My first memory of Amy is seeing her perform with incredible expressivity and depth.  I then got to have her in my technique class and daily witness her connectivity, artistry, openness, and core strength.  Of course, to know her is to fall in love with her.  But my greatest memory of that class was watching her and Nathan glide across the floor side by side doing Graham triplets--their synergy was astonishing!  They were just meant to dance through life together!  Their courtship and wedding was a delightful ride for everyone in the family.  And now what a gift to see how Amy uses her artistry in creating her home and family.  With her talents, she could have excelled in whatever arena she chose--art, dance, fashion, calligraphy, history, comedy, music, design, photography, teaching, social work--but she is deeply devoted to the Lord and has consecrated her talents to blessing the lives of her husband and children.  She creates magic for them daily.  And that magic extends to all of us.  She is full of love and understanding--never failing in expressions of love and testimony that touch and sustain me.  She is truly a kindred spirit.

And Rachael, your prompt for May is great, but with Angela's birthday this week, I must instead include some thoughts of her.... My first memories of Angela come from the summer we both fell in love and got married, even within days of each other!  It was so fun to share that special summer with her, even dressing together in our wedding dresses for our joint open houses in Jerome and Boise.  Angela is a special person, pure of heart, without guile.  She has always loved and accepted me as a sister, and I have never felt a hint of judgement or ill will.  She seems incapable of it.  She loves as the Savior loves, and I feel rather in awe of her.

April, Amy, and Angela have each deeply blessed my life through their sisterhood and friendship.  Rachael, thanks for the chance to reflect on them and their gifts to me.
--Julie

1 comments:

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

Beautiful post! All of the posts were really fun and nice, but you and Amy just expressed everything so thoughtfully and beautifully. Again, I'm just resisting the urge to make the prompt be about me so you both can talk me up and I'd print it off and frame it or something! :D