Established August 1970

11 April 2012

Just love

Thought the title should be changed up a bit. :) This is a kind of fun prompt-- Everyone remembers different things! So here I go, in order of birthdays.

It's kind of hard for me to peg a first memory of Amy, other than that the first time she came home with Nathan I was really excited and I made a little bouquet of somewhat smelly flowers to give to her. It is equally difficult to come up with a favorite memory because there are so many! I've actually lived with Amy almost more than anyone! At least I remember living with Amy more because I was older the times she stayed here. She's been an awesome friend to me though. I believe we both learned to single ski the same summer, and we have had fun watching So You Think You Can Dance together. I also really liked the time she made up a song for me to sing to boys who couldn't take a hint, "I...do not like you...no no no no no no" haha. I think you probably had to be there. Of course we all know that Amy has an awesome sense of humor so we've definitely laughed a lot together. She's pretty fantastic!

Coming up with a first memory of Julie is even more difficult, because I was very young when she and Raymond got married. I do remember thinking she was pretty well perfect. I totally idolized her. I remember telling her (I think...maybe it was someone else) that she was FOR SURE going to the Celestial Kingdom. I also liked when I would visit them and people would ask if I was her daughter because I thought she was so pretty and liked the thought that other people might think I looked like her. Probably my favorite memory is also when they were living in Provo. Julie was making an apple pie and let me help her. I don't think I got to help cook all that much at that point and I felt important. Plus then she made a little leaf with the crust to put on top and it was pretty and fancy. I liked that a lot.

It's sort of hard to choose favorites with April too, but I remember when she and Mike were in Provo still and they would play games with Andrew and I a lot. Harry Potter Uno was a favorite. That's also where I was introduced to Pride & Prejudice. I watched it with them, and then later read the book (I know, wrong order). I also had a lot of fun with April and Mike in Hawaii, and Nauvoo. I've definitely had a lot of good conversations with April. It was also fun when we got our ears pierced together :) it made it more fun to me not to feel like a pariah. April definitely made that whole thing more fun, and has given me some fun earrings since! :)

Three very fantastic ladies born this month! Love you all!

3 comments:

Perry's said...

Lest you think I was being exclusive I thought since April was the month all would be covered under the title April love.:)
I'm pretty sure Charity's vote will carry a lot of weight in the CK (I know I would listen to her) so qudos to you Julie! :)

Perry's said...

Oops 'qudos' I knew it was spelled with two d's. Haha (or at least one k)

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

bahaha Sarah, you are funny! And Charity, you rock! Thanks for your post - it was awesome! Woot! I am so stoked about the participation thus far! Whoa - super lots of exclamation points here.