Established August 1970

01 February 2016

Patience

Is more than just waiting

Hi everyone!

Well one more week come and gone! My companion isn't TOO trunky yet. But it is starting to hit him. He's only got three weeks left. But he's still doing really well and working hard. He's an awesome missionary. I'll just get to help him get in shape so he can get married as soon as he gets home! :) haha. just kidding. We had a really cool zone activity today! We went out into the country and we just played hard and had a barbecue! It was sweet. It was a really rich house, they had a pool and everything. They had a huge court for tennis or soccer or basketball. We did it with the zone next door. We were 46 missionaries in total, which was pretty crazy. We bought a ton of meat. :) haha. I think everyone had a good time, too. I know I did at least!

Yesterday we were in charge of the 3rd hour in church and it was with everyone because it was the 5th Sunday. It was really good. I think so, at least. We talked about the mission plan that the ward has, which is pretty intense, and besides that we also taught from the scriptures and gave them the challenge to all invite someone or a family to receive the missionary lessons in their own home. It went really well. First we asked them about how they wanted their homes to be, and then we shared Alma 18: 1 and 3. And we talked about Abinadi and his success in the missionary work (he got burned) and then Alma's success. It says that he went and preached secretly and many believed on his words. And we asked them what they thought the difference was, because it was the same message after all! And they said maybe it was because Abinadi was a foreigner but they all knew Alma and trusted him. So we compared ourselves, the missionaries, to Abinadi and the members to Alma. I thought it was a pretty good comparison. And many people accepted the challenge. Then we discussed ideas to be able to do it like FHE's and service and being their friends (imagine that!) and it went really well.

Right now we're working with Araceli and Kimberlee. They didn't go to church, but they said they would next week, they're really smart (a mom and a daughter) but the mom didn't really accept that she needed to be baptized by someone that had the priesthood authority. A fairly common challenge, I feel that she will open her heart and feel the answer.

It's another short one today, but I sure do love you guys! I'll send some pictures your way this next week. But until then have an amazing week! 

Con mucho amor!

Elder Robinson

0 comments: