Established August 1970

29 February 2016

Faith, a principle of action

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a fantastic week and could enjoy the last few days of February. We had a pretty great week this week, and we really were able to have some special experiences. This last week Elder Bednar came to our area and gave a little conference, and it was truly amazing. I felt really strengthened and it was amazing to feel the spiritual confirmation once again of living apostles. It truly was a special experience. 

He talked some more about teaching repentance and baptizing converts. He also spoke about faith and action. It was also really funny! haha. He fist bumped the translator near the beginning. He also spoke a little Spanish, but just some words. We all felt very uplifted by the experience. The biggest thing I got out of it was that I need to pray and invite the investigators to pray with the expectation to act. Which was something he spoke about. He mentioned the experience of the people crossing the River Jordan and getting their feet wet before it opened for them to cross. And how we need to pray with the same expectation. Joseph Smith didn't just go to the grove to find out which church was true, but to know which church he should join. So my companion and I have been trying to teach that a lot more this week.

On Saturday we found Marco Antonio Orellana. He's awesome. He's about 50, I'd say, and he's a professor and he's really smart. He knows the bible really well and he has studied Greek and Hebrew to understand it better. He's basically already a member. He just needs to get baptized. And he went to church yesterday, and I taught the gospel principles class and he and his girlfriend participated a lot. Oh ya, he also invited his girlfriend! And he told us in the first lesson that he's not living with her or doing anything with her because they decided together that they did not want to commit fornication's. Ya. That's the way he speaks. He's pretty ready. But it's hard for him to take steps of faith, because he's been able to prove everything about our church right by simply studying. So he and his girlfriend both need your prayers. His girlfriend's name is Erika. She's really receptive as well. He has a baptismal date for the 19th of March. And we hope to get her on board as well. Hurray!

Elder Mace is a really great guy, and his dad's in the motab! So that's pretty cool! Just a side note. haha. I'm doing really well, as well. Enjoying the sun, putting on sunblock, and drinking lots of water. :) So we're all good here.

I love you guys! I hope you have an amazing week! I promise I'll send a lot of pics here soon, I just don't have my converter any more, so I'll have to buy a new one. But the pictures will come.

Con amor desde Chillan!

Elder Robinson

0 comments: