Established August 1970

21 February 2016

Multiply

We had Stake conference in the Iloilo North stake this past weekend. We live in the Iloilo Stake but because we serve in all the Stakes we attend their conferences when we can. They always acknowledge our presence from the stand and it makes us feel kind of strange. The members always seem so happy to have us there.
There was a visiting area president there and it was great to hear the messages of his wife and himself. I just wanted to share part of what the sister said (sorry I did not write down their names. I think Mom did).
She talked about the arithmetic of the Lord:
When we subtract (as in keeping his council and commandments) he multiplies.
When we pay ten percent, it does not add up to ninety percent for us it is one hundred percent or one hundred and ten percent or more.
When we subtract one day per week to honor our Father he multiplies the effect of our other days.
When we subtract two years ( or 18 months ) the Lord multiplies our time for the rest of our lives.
When we subtract a few minutes each day for scripture study and prayer the Lord multiplies the effectiveness of our day.
I like these thoughts. I believe that they have been true in my life. Because of our obedience to our Father in Heaven, we receive the blessings.
Isn't it great to know these things?
I love you all
Dad

0 comments: