Well hey guys!
So this week flew by incredibly fast! But it was a good week.
My companion and I have been able to work really well together, so that's been really fun. He's a funny little guy. :) I'll probably send a picture of him pretty soon here. Probably next week. He's so little. He looks like a small child. haha. But he's a fun guy.
This week we have interviews with the President, so that's always fun, because they always give us some delicious treat in his department. And Nancy is on her way to baptism, but she still doesn't really understand some things, she knows the church is true and she's living all the commandments, but she doesn't know if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I don't know how the missionaries convinced her to stop drinking tea and coffee without knowing that Joseph Smith was a prophet, but there you are. I wish I could take her to see the Nauvoo Pageant! That would make it pretty easy, I think. But, that's where she's at. But she wants to get baptized, so it's just a matter of arriving to an environment where the spirit can testify to her.
And yesterday we found Francisco! :) He's pretty cool. He actually lives right next to us with a family of members, because he's training in the marine service. He's never really worried much about God or anything like that, but he committed to pray and ask if God existed and if we were teaching a true message. So that's awesome. He's honestly a really good kid. He's been dedicated to his country in the same degree of devotion that we have to our church and God. Since he was little. So he's avoided drugs and alcohol and piercings and stuff because he wanted to be healthy and be able to serve his country. He related to us really fast, because what he's doing for Chile is like what we're doing for God. That's what he told us. Then the patriarch explained to him that God gave us this earth and our lives and families so that we could take care of them. And he really understood that. Next time I think we might talk about Thomas S. Monson and his service for his country. I don't remember what the video was called about him in the army saying that he was Mormon. So if someone remembers you could hook me up fast with the deets. Thanks!
I love you all and feel your prayers and love lifting me up every day. I couldn't do this without your help and prayers. Have an amazing week!
Elder Robinson
P.S. Please pray for me that I may be a diligent and dedicated servant.
0 comments:
Post a Comment