Yet another funny quote from Tom! Who became an investigator this week. He was the one that said to show respect by not talking to his girl who wasn't dressed yet. We set up a lesson with him on Tuesday and we were totally set to invite him to baptism with a date. Because that is what we are supposed to do no later than the second lesson so we were all prepared to do it. Then about two seconds into his lesson he tells us he is on probation....and we can't baptize people who are on probation without permission from Salt Lake. Bummer. But the lesson went REALLY well. He understood a lot. We could tell because he would take everything we said and re-state it in "street terms." Hey, at least he's applying it to himself. :) He told us most men were cavemen after he explained that he was glad we were girls because he could talk to us emotionally. Because those cavemen just don't understand emotions! I laughed SO hard. Especially because he of all people was saying men are cavemen. He is awesome and I love him, but he is the sketchiest person I have ever talked to. We are super excited about him though and hopefully he can get his life straightened out. At the beginning of his lesson when he was telling us about his time in jail and why he was in jail and everything I was pretty much having a panic attack mentally and super grateful we were in a public place but as he kept talking I just realized what a hard life he has had and how much he needs the gospel. And how much Heavenly Father loves him. So then I wasn't scared anymore and just wanted to help him.
We also got moved into our new apartment this week so we are no longer traveling from North Sac. Our apartment is so nice! We love it. We had a lot of help with the move which was nice since we had to move all the furniture and clean as well.
I crashed on my bike Saturday night. We did weekly planning, finally got out and saw Richard, and we were biking to visit another family and I don't really know what happened but I kind of flew over my handlebars and completely destroyed both tires. Flattest tires I have ever seen. The zone leaders were really nice and fixed them for me so we are back in biking business today.
We had an awesome lesson in Gospel Principles yesterday. It was on Sacrifice. We talked about how the Lord requires that we sacrifice our time, possessions, and energies to do His work. Then we talked about needing to have a broken heart and a contrite spirit so that our sacrifice is pure. We talked about the old law of sacrifice with animals and how over time it probably became very routine and they didn't think about what it symbolized much anymore. I am not sharing it very well, but it just really struck me that everything we give to our Heavenly Father needs to come from a place of humility, having a broken heart and contrite spirit and being willing to give of our time, possessions, and energies. Sometimes I withhold my energies, and only give part. It was such a wonderful lesson and helped me reconsider how much of myself I am really offering, even though I am in full time missionary service. I need to give from my heart. I love you all so much!
Sister Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment