So we had Stake Conference this weekend with C. Scott Grow. I laughed every single time I said his name. I really hope he did that on purpose. It was really good; part of the Adult Session was one of the new general authorities (Elder Wilde? His last name is Wilde I just am not sure if I am supposed to call him Elder but I feel like yes) talking a lot about family council's. It made me want to just start a family so I can have family council! haha. Anyway I am pretty sure the same topics are being covered church-wide but I still wanted to share so maybe some of you can get a head-start before your stake conference. :) Mostly what stood out to me was to make family council as natural as possible, and that it isn't a time for parents to direct and instruct, it is a time to invite input. It's an opportunity for the family to come together to plan and discuss how the family can work more effectively together. I feel like there could be really good things to come out of family councils as children play an active role in determining what can be done to be more unified. I'm excited to hear the good that comes out of your family councils in the next week or two!
Lucy is going to come to church this week so we're excited about that. Lindsay and Caleb are still doing well and reading the Book of Mormon.
Funny story for the week: this guy, Christian, promised us that he was going to come to the scripture study class that the Elders have been doing every week. The idea is to get potential investigators to come and study the Bible with us to increase their interest so they become investigators. :) This guy is a little bit crazy and he talks SO SLOW. With a million ums in between everything. It is painful. But he needs the gospel! So the day of the class comes and it is raining pretty hard, so he calls us and we are busy so he leaves a message. He goes on and on about how he can't come because of the rain. That there is lightning and he has had floods before. Most of this is funny if you know him and how he talks because it's hilarious. But at the end he said, "please do not take this as my excuse...it is true, and real, and you can see it outside." hahahaha...oh man he is funny!
It is pretty darn awesome being a missionary. I don't know how all you awesome people that haven't served full time missions got so awesome without it, but honestly I seriously needed it. It's only been six months but the difference it's made in my testimony and my understanding and my commitment to the gospel is huge and I just don't think it would've happened any other way. I doubt people could tell a difference in me, but I know the difference. I have a spiritual strength that I didn't have before, and I have the faith to withstand trials now. And by that I mean trials of faith (doubts). I needed it so much. It's a struggle but I'm SO grateful that I chose to serve a mission.
So that's about it! Love you all! Have a great week!
Sister Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment