Established August 1970

04 May 2015

Happy Star wars day!

hey, so Rachael reminded me that today is Star Wars day so... May the 4th be with you. :)

Also, if you've heard about the sister missionaries that were robbed and violated in Chile, that wasn't in my mission, and everything's being taken care of, and the guilty are already in jail, and were within an hour and a half of the incident, the mission asked us to let our families know that the security of the missionaries is top priority, so don't worry about us. Although, a drunk guy threatened to kill me the other day, but that's hardly unusual. :) haha. But honestly, we're totally safe. So sleep well. :)

Also, this past weekend I was blessed to be sent a mini missionary!!! I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the program (I hadn't) but it's for everyone that wants to from 16 to 18 to go around as a missionary for 4 days. They have almost the same schedule as us, study with us, and teach and contact and do everything with us. So I had a new companion for the whole weekend! And he was the freaking man! He was a convert from Parral (way out there in the country) and he was baptized 11 months ago and he already has the Melchizedek Priesthood and is filling out his mission papers. So he's way good. And we were honestly just best friends and he wants to marry my niece, Susan. haha. I told him he'd have to learn English and fight me first. :) He was honestly awesome. And we had a ton of success together.

We found 2 new investigators this weekend, and we commited another investigator to church with a baptismal date for the 23rd, his name is Aaron. Cool, right? He already has a book of Mormon, and bible name. And they were both pretty sweet guys. And he's cool. He acts really distracted during the lessons, and I get frustrated, but then I verify to see if he's understanding, and he seems to understand and take in everything even if it looks like he doesn't care. haha. He's kind of like a child in that way, but he's honestly way smart, and he came really well dressed to church on Sunday, and the members loved him. He's already popular. And Nancy also has a baptismal date for the 23rd as a goal, and is progressing slowly, but steadily. Her biggest impediment would be her half atheist, half believing daughter, who is a member. But she's coming along as well.

Also, it's Mother's day this week! So that's awesome! Also, tomorrow I go pick up my new companion, he is Peruvian too. I already know him because he was in my Zone in Andalien (that's where Andres and Marcela are) he's really teeny. Like probably a little higher than my elbow, but he's a cool guy. I'll be sending some pics in a sec, so just hold on. :) Also, shout out to J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter for having the best mother's day quote: "... love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign... to have been loved so deeply, even though the person you loved is gone, will give us some protection forever..."
Have a good week! Love you!

Elder Robinson




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

0 comments: