Established August 1970

11 May 2015

New nephew!

That's a sick mother's day present, right?

Well, so that was the best thing I have heard all week. This morning, my newest nephew was born. So now I have like 33 or something. :) And they're all the coolest thing in my life. Honestly, I was daydreaming right before bed, and the things that I was daydreaming about was being in my huge mansion that I'm gonna have with all of my nieces and nephews just partying, and we know how to party. :)

I got to call and talk with the parents yesterday, and with Charity, too for about 15 minutes, and it was a dream. And then I woke up and I'm back in Chile. But it was amazing. And then everyone was talking about trunky (homesick) stuff in the house. But now we're all good again with our heads in the game. 

Just so you all know... Aaron doesn't have time for us to come by any more. He's looking for a job and stuff. But he said that he'd call us in a couple of weeks when he gets things figured out. ;) That's always promising. haha But in a couple of weeks we'll probably try to get a hold of him. Sometimes people need to have some time. And the Lord has His time, too. So that's just how it is. :)

Nancy is coming along well, we're gonna visit her today, but she couldn't go to church yesterday because she was really sick... But she still has the baptismal date for the 23rd. But today we're gonna verify if she is keeping the word of wisdom. Because if not, we'll have to change the date, because in our mission, they have to be keeping all of the commandments 2 weeks before the baptism. 

Also, just so you all know, I'm not gonna have an accent when I get back, OK. :) I'm speaking Spanish, not English with a Mexican accent. That was for Charity. But when I speak English to the new missionaries that come, I do forget some words, or they just come out of my mouth in Spanish. But that's why I try to write in my journal every day. Because that's gonna be embarrassing sometime if I can't speak my own language. :)

Also, it was stake conference this last weekend, and Elder DiGiovanni was there (an area seventy) and both sessions he spoke about the day of rest. Dallin H. Oaks also told us that we were gonna be hearing a lot more about the day of rest in this coming year. But I think it was Russell M. Nelson that talked about that in the last talk of General Conference, right? About that lists don't work any more (or they never really worked but they helped, maybe) but that what we do on the day of rest is a signal to the Lord. And to think about what signal is this sending to my Heavenly Father. I think that works pretty well. And the scripture that says that the day of rest was made for man, man wasn't made for the day of rest. Or something like that hombre no fue hecho por el dìa de reposo, sino que el dìa de reposo fue hecho por cause del hombre. Basically that God created it to help us, it's an opportunity and blessing that we have to rest and thank the Lord as families and renew our covenants. It's true. And there's a huge and notable difference between the active members that honor the day of rest, and those that go to church, and that's where it starts and ends. They're stronger, more unified, and happier, because they're less preoccupied about their children and I believe even their marriage. 

I hope you all have an amazing week! And today I was craving haagen dazs shakes from smashburger, so if someone could go eat some and send me a pic, that would be almost as good as eating it. :)

Love you all!

Elder Robinson

P.S. Please pray for me, that I may be filled with the light of Christ, so that through Him, we can light the way to eternal life. 

0 comments: