Established August 1970

20 April 2015

Some people are just great

So the subject line is due to the fact that I just love the people we get to teach!  Which, of course I do because that's what you do.  You love those you serve.  But I am extra blessed right now with people that are just fun!  They're weird, but that's fun. :)

I just had to share some Richard funnies because he just cracks me up.  He likes to get off track talking about random stuff and then we just give him the look and he will stop super abruptly and wave his fingers saying, "proceed."  Aw man, it's funny!  And when we call his grandson answers the phone and relays all messages between us.  We ask if we can come over, he asks Richard, and then says, "he reckons."  Probably something where you have to be there but it makes me laugh.  They are also always trying to find ways around the rule that we can't be in their house without a woman present.  The other day they told us they had a female at their house so we could come.  I was like, "What? Who's over there?"  They said, "the dog is a female!" Ay.  I told them that wouldn't cut it and they had to have a human female. haha.  They kept bringing it up so I told them to ask the AP's.  The AP's are over the grandson since he is YSA age.  Yesterday we got a text from them saying, "why do you want to go over there when they have a female dog at their house?" ya...something got lost in translation.

We also met with Barbara again this week.  I don't remember if I mentioned her but she is 81 and has been blind since she was 75.  She is a real character.  She tells us the stories she is in the process of writing with a lot of detail and animation.  She's just cute.  We love her.

I went on exchanges this week, with Sister Barfuss!  Because she is my sister training leader now.  So it was pretty much the best exchange ever because we're friends so I can tell her what I really think and what I'm really struggling with and I respect her advice because I know she gets me.  I learned a ton, and I gained a lot of confidence too so that was exciting.

Yesterday we met this awesome Ukranian woman named Eva.  She just invited us right in and then insisted on serving us tea.  We explained that we couldn't drink tea and started teaching the WoW but it turned out her tea was all herbal anyway.  I had chamomile with rosehip and hybiscus.  Plus a spoonful of honey and some raspberry syrup.  It actually wasn't disgusting.  Sister Naylor wasn't a fan though.  We talked to her about the Restoration a little bit and she asked some good questions and was really open.  She wants to talk to us again and learn more.  She is probably the most normal seeming, prepared person I have encountered yet.  I am REALLY excited to teach her.  I feel like she has real potential to be solid in the church.  We'll see how it goes!  Love ya'll!

Sister Robinson

0 comments: