Hey guys!
So this weekend was basically the best! All the gringo missionaries got to watch conference in a separate room in the stake center to hear it in English and everyone brought food to share and we just had a blast! And for the talks that were in Spanish, we switched channels to listen to it in Spanish. It was honestly so cool. I was thinking, "I knew learning Spanish was gonna pay off." haha It was honestly so fun. Also, Elder Jorge Zeballos, that spoke in Spanish, is from Chile and is a seventy in our area. So we're basically best friends. :) haha. So I basically spoke in conference, too. The talks were so powerful. And it really impressed me how in the Sunday afternoon session there was that commotion and then the talks were so fitting. About fearing not, and having courage, and it was honestly so clear that they are inspired men and women.
I wish I could see and read all of your notes about conference so that I could learn even more! One of the fun things about being with a bunch of other missionaries is that they all had questions and thought and insights about the same stuff, and things that hadn't occurred to me. Also, we all wanted to get married and have a family so we could start putting into practice all the things that were said about that. Whoops... too bad we can't for at least two more years. :) haha.
Elder Holland's testimony and story about the two brothers was so powerful. I believe that everyone has felt like that at various points in their lives. That feeling of falling and grasping and only feeling sand slipping through your fingers, and to imagine, that if they don't receive that help that is our Savior, they're stuck in that feeling until they find it. How blessed are we for having the gospel in our lives so we can feel those arms, like lightning in a summer storm, reaching down to help us in every moment.
Also, I had never really fixed myself a lot on the letter from Alma the younger to his son Shiblon. (I think he was the one. 2 out of three of the letters were main topics in talks) But the one that's really short. Like 15 verses or something. I made the choice to try to be like him as well. Doing the right things because they are the right things, and because we want to show our love for the Savior. As another speaker said, our obedience comes from our love of the Savior, and another said that our acts on the sabbath day is a sign to the Lord of our dedication. And I believe that's true every day. What sign is this act sending to God. They were powerful messages, and the music was so beautiful. :)
I hope you all have a good week and can really do the hard part, which comes after conference is over. The difference between studying medicine, and performing the surgery. Now you get to actually do it, and see how well you really learned it. :) Love you all! Wish you the best!
Elder Robinson
P.S. Here are some pictures of some stuff. A beautiful flower. A disgusting thing I pulled out of my ear, and a cool fruit that also exists in southern Utah. :) and maybe more...
0 comments:
Post a Comment