We found a new person this week! It was cool. Sister Naylor was fasting to find a prepared person. I would have joined her but I can't fast because then my headaches get so bad I can't work. So...I decided it's better I don't. But anyway as she was praying she kept having the name "Lucille" come into her head. So she started praying for Lucille. We talked about it and thought of Lucy, the neighbor of a newer member of the ward. We decided to go see her. She let us right in and we just got chatting with her and asking about her religious background. We explained some things kind of more as friends. Such as historical context and background of the Book of Mormon, and the need for a restoration. She already had a Book of Mormon that she had purchased from a used book store a while back. She said she would read some and we have an appointment with her Tuesday! So it's exciting. On the way out of her house I asked her if Lucy was her full name. She said, "No, my name is Lucille." And then lots of mental screaming and freaking out happened. :) But it was all in my head, no worries. So we found Lucille!
Eva wasn't all that excited when we called her but we're still hoping.
This weekend was a little crazy! We had to babysit another missionary. Her name is Sister Jones, and she has had some health issues for a long time and decided to go home. She also had serious problems with her companion so it was a bit of an emergency to get them away from each other. So she flew home today, but spent the weekend with us. We had to get a bed dragged in our room and it honestly was babysitting. She was so done with being here and also was pretty emotionally unstable so we just worked to keep her happy. I think we really helped her though, so it was good. We had fun with her. Yesterday we came home from church after sacrament meeting because my head hurt too much to stay. I was in bed most of the day. :( It was lame. The chiropractor this morning gave up on being able to fix me since there's been so little improvement. That was a little discouraging, but it will all work out!
The deaf sister is going home this week. She spoke in church. Which means she signed and her companion spoke the words. At the end she did her best to bear her testimony with her voice. I understood most of it. It was pretty cool. She's a great sister, it's been fun to see her impact others. Today we are going to play bubble soccer! Look it up on google, it should come up with something. Basically we are all in plastic bubbles and run into each other trying to play soccer. Should be fun! I may not be able to play long because it will probably hurt my head...but I'm gonna try! Pictures next week. Love you all! Oh and transfers are next week so I will write on Tuesday.
Sister Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment