Haha. So here in Chile, I'm basically famous. :) haha.
This week the ap's called to ask if I could help train a football team here in Concepción. They had heard that I played for a year in high school and I was one of three missionaries in the mission that had ever played receiver on a team. haha. I played for half of a season. :) but it was awesome and the whole team treated us like kings. And after every run they were all asking me for advice and what they could do better, so I took advantage of their receptivity and shared a spiritual thought with them. It was awesome. It was really fun.
Also, although my companion is still in a lot of pain, he has been able to work all day every day this past week, so things are looking up. Your prayers are working, thanks for the help. :)
We've had some good progress this week. We have two investigators with baptismal dates, and the members are really stepping it up to help us out and we have a less active family with a temple date this year! Woohoo!
And the weather's been really nice this past week, but they say it's gonna rain this week, and when it rains here... you better hope that you have a really bright pass along card because there is no one outside because there are little rivers in the roads. But the good thing is that all the Chileans have to buy bread daily. The daily bread scripture works really well for them. So we just have to go into the little negocios to contact them while they're buying bread. Bread here is second to nothing. Not even water. So there's a little culture fact.
This week we had a talent show in the ward, and I sang a song with the other missionaries in the ward (it was Demons by Imagine Dragons), and there were several families that had stuff prepared. It's really funny, because from what I understand, the same people do the same thing every talent show. haha. One family danced the cueca (which is the national dance of Chile) and that was really entertaining. It was a really fun time. :)
I've seen a big impact done this week by example. People always talk about the importance of leading first by example. Preach the gospel; if necessary, use words, right? Well, I saw it this week. There's a mom in the ward that isn't baptized, Nancy, the investigator that changed houses. And her two daughters are members, one less active, and the other recently denounced her atheist beliefs. But Nancy is always telling them that they need to believe and have faith and go to church and do the things that correspond to their baptism. But now that she can get baptized she has doubts, which is natural. But she finally accepted a baptismal date this week. So that was good. But I just saw so clearly in her daughter that she was really following her example. I had seen it before in the good example part, but never so clearly in that it works the other way around. So if you want your kids or your spouse to be more helpful or more loving or fight less, or clean more, be the example - spirit begets spirit likeness. It's really true.
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week and that my letters aren't too boring. :) Thanks for your love and support, it honestly makes a huge difference.
Love,
Elder Robinson
P.S. Please pray for me that I may be an example and a worthy representative of Christ.
0 comments:
Post a Comment