Established August 1970

24 March 2015

The Lord works in mysterious ways

Hi family!  This week was a little crazy.  Sorry I forgot to warn about the late email this week, I always forget that transfers will postpone my email.  What mainly happened this week is that I damaged our car twice.  So...my driving privileges have been revoked.  In short, the first time I broke the right rear view mirror.  The roads are narrow and windy and when people put out their big trash cans they are on the edge of the road.  So I hit the garbage can with the mirror and it popped out and shattered.  A couple of days later we had district meeting and I was parked at an angle and didn't turn tight enough to miss the brick planter box.  It was kind of crazy because both accidents were so weird.  Like you just wonder how you possibly did it.  And no one was hurt, no other cars involved, both situations that I have avoided repeatedly over the past five weeks.  But when you damage the car twice you can't drive anymore, and since my companion doesn't have a license, those accidents ensured that I would get a different companion with transfers.  Thus, the Lord works in mysterious ways.  Call me crazy, but I really kind of think it was an answer to prayers.  Being transferred is still hard though.  I'm going to Carmichael!  Del Campo ward.  And that's all I know so far because I haven't been able to get in touch with my new companion yet.  From what I hear though I'll probably be back on bike.  And I am senior companion.  Not that it really makes a difference because companions should always be equals!  That's why it's called companion.  Anyway I will miss the zone here, it's been fun.  But most of my favorites are leaving anyway so it works out.

I wanted to share something cool I studied this week.  I read in the Ensign something by Elder Craig C. Christensen called, "Becoming the Children of Light."  He talks about the doctrine of light and that light comes from Christ.  He uses some scriptures that demonstrate that and then says that the words, "spirit, glory, intelligence, and truth" can be interchangeable in the scriptures.  Since I've been reading and noticing those words and swapping them out with each other it has been really enlightening.  Everything good comes from Christ, and is light, intelligence, glory, and truth.  Reading that article made me think of D&C 50:24.  I love that scripture.  And I love the light that comes into my life through scripture study and prayer.  Love you all!  Have a good week!

Sister Robinson.

0 comments: