Established August 1970

16 March 2015

Birthday Week

So in stark contrast to the past few weeks, this week I have tons to write about!  Mostly just fun stuff that's been happening, but a little bit of actual missionary things, too.  Hopefully I get it all in!

Last P-Day was awesome.  The hamster ball totally fulfilled my expectations.  You just jump in this hole in the bottom and then run in it.  The problem was I was laughing SUPER hard and so I couldn't breathe and would fall down before we got very far.  I was playing in it with Sister Darling (she's in my zone) and I think she was a tiny bit frustrated that I couldn't stay upright but mostly she thought it was funny.  I don't know it was just hysterical to me for some reason.  It was super duper fun. Next family reunion that I am present for we should buy one and take it to a lake :)

The next day I had my MRI.  I thought having that done was pretty unnecessary but I guess they just wanted to make sure I didn't have something super bad.  Anyway that was an experience.  It is definitely not for claustrophobic people.  And my headache was way worse after because it makes super loud, irritating noises the whole time.  But the results are in and I don't have any of the problems in my brain that MRI's find.  I don't really know what those are but I don't have them.  So yay! 

I think it was Wednesday night that we had dinner with a pretty recent convert that still has some seriously confused ideas.  She's hilarious.  Anyway she invited a friend and his name is Brian.  We shared some scriptures based on what the member told us he was interested in and she had him read using her quad.  Well he thought it was super cool that we had the Book of Mormon and the Bible in the same thing and he was really interested in all the other additional scripture we have.  He had a lot of questions.  Before we left I asked if he would be interested in learning more and he said yes!  Oh my goodness, I cannot describe the "high" that comes when people are actually interested.  I was SO happy and excited!  I forgot how exciting it is to actually teach investigators haha.  Anyway, we haven't met with him again yet.  He was going to come to our activity on Saturday and then the member flaked and didn't come so he didn't come either.  It was a real bummer.  Bigger bummer, he probably doesn't live in our area so we will have to pass him off to the elders and we won't get to teach him.  But as long as he gets baptized I don't care who teaches him! :)  Funny story that goes along with this, when we were leaving he went to hug me.  This has never happened to me before because in the past people always go for my companion first so they have to deal with it.  Well, it didn't initially register with me that I am actually not allowed to hug him.  So I start going for it and then BOOM I remember that isn't OK.  So I GASP.  Really loud, and jump back.  Wow.  And then I go, "Oops, sorry that was unnecessary.  We just actually aren't supposed to hug."  Oh man.  Haha it's so so funny but I probably made him way uncomfortable.

Then on Friday, Elder Bednar came.  That was super awesome.  We were with him for three hours, and the time just flew by.  It went SO fast I couldn't even believe it had been that long.  Although it was actually super exhausting.  Spiritual enlightenment is hard work! :)  We talked a lot about faith being a principle of action.  I teach people that all the time but he just took it a step further.  He gave the example of praying for people to come to church or praying for missionary experiences and then just expecting Heavenly Father to send it to us.  We really need to pray for the strength and courage to act and then seek those experiences or go out and find those people that should be at church.  We all got to shake his hand afterward, too.  That was pretty cool.

Saturday our ward had an international potluck.  Everyone brings dishes from different countries and we eat.  Pretty self explanatory, but just in case. :)  Everyone wanted Sister Tu'atonga to do the hula so we got permission from President Jardine to do that.  She did a dance and then she taught the young women a dance as well so I did that with them.  It was pretty fun, and she's been teaching me some other moves since then.  I will send a picture of us in our lava lava's.  It went really well and there were lots of non members and less active members so it was great.

So that was my week!  Love you all!  Thanks for all the birthday packages and love!  Have a great week!

Sister Robinson

0 comments: