The weather here has become more mild; usually 80 degrees. We also haven’t had much rain for the last three weeks. I have heard that winter type weather has come early in Utah and Idaho.
This week we have gone to the north part of the island two times. (we left Sunday to go to Roxas, after conference, came back on Monday and went to Kalibo on Friday and came back on Saturday night.) The trainings were for different purposes each time. I think that we will not need to go as often after these initial trainings are done because then the Stakes and wards will be able to carry forward with their own people. This week we will be flying to Manila for a training of Self Reliance missionaries and employees.
We had a Zone meeting this week with the new zone leaders and several new Elders and Sisters in our Zone. We had several Elders and Sisters go home last week. We had gotten to enjoy them a lot in the few weeks we have been here and we are missing them.
Today I gave a talk in the Iloilo City Ward. I talked about the blessings of living the gospel. Commandments are really invitations to have blessings extended to us.( D&C 130:20-21 ) Anyway, I guess it was some of the things I talked about in my missionary farewell.
It was heartwarming to hear about the events surrounding Charity leaving for her mission. Thanks to everyone for making it so special. Charity’s mission setting apart was emotional to us, as the expression of our Stake President that the Lord loves our family, was related to us. We feel Heavenly Father’s love each day. I love all of you and we pray for each of you everyday,
I love you, Dad
0 comments:
Post a Comment