Hola!
How is everyone doing? I had an amazing week! I don't have very much time today but I'll make sure to write a long juicy one next week! I hope everyone enjoyed Halloween (it's not very popular here) and you better all enjoy thanksgiving that's coming up because it's non existent here! So you all have to eat my portion of the feast as well!
Also... shout out to my sister Charity! Now Sister Robinson! She entered the mtc in Provo today!!! So pray for her! ;) haha. Everyone here in my ward is convinced that I'm the next mighty Ammon since I'm getting so many blessings from my parents and my sister being missionaries too! I'd like to believe it. :) But I know that they are being blessed because of their service and I hope you all can feel the joy and blessings of missionary work in your lives!
A quick update on my investigators that are semi sure. Pablo, Daniela, Mabel, and Nelly... where to begin... well first of all they live in a house and it's 3 couples, none of them married... so we'll see how that goes. We're crossing that bridge this week. They're all way committed to do whatever they need to get baptized.... we'll see how they feel when they actually know what they need to do. ;) haha. They've all stopped smoking and are encouraging their friends to keep the word of wisdom as well. One of them came to church this week with her baby and she loved it! But she had to leave after sacrament meeting. Pablo is a male stripper... but now that he knows it's wrong he's looking for another job and says he prays for forgiveness after work every day. He's actually a super cool guy. and they all just need to get married! haha. But I have high hopes actually. They're all way committed. They've never once fallen short of a commitment they've made. And then there is Sandra... she sells cigarettes and smokes, but her son, Dalton, is a member. And she knows she needs to get baptized, she just doesn't know yet that it's worth giving up smoking. But I feel that this week everything's gonna change. And then there is Rain and Dubel (Rain is pronounced Ryan in Spanish) Rain is sixteen and she loved young women's this week! Dubel's 14 and he's probably gonna play for the Chile international team. If not this world cup the one after that. They've already spoken with him... and he's only 14. He is really good though. We watched him play for a second. But they both want to get baptized and are going to be on the 22nd! so hurray! haha. Those are the one's we're really focused on because they're all progressing really quickly.
It's been fun to open this sector. It's like my baby! Because we had to find everyone we're teaching and the only area book we had was from 2009 and it's just been a blast. Course... I don't know what it's like not to open an area yet. But everyone tells me it's harder because you don't have anything going yet... I think it's easy! haha. The work is amazing. It's so fun and disillusioning to see the people here and teach them and try to share the gospel with them. And what's so interesting is how genius everything is ordered. The planners, the key indicators, everything. It's so genius and well organized it's.... out of this world, quite literally. It's amazing what God has done to accelerate the missionary work and to fill this world and the people here with so much potential. Everything just works! And works brilliantly! haha. It makes sense.
My companion is great, blonde and committed. He's a good guy. And he just recently got accepted to BYU so it's been fun to train him a little! haha. and he plays guitar really well so this week we're gonna sing and play guitar to get into people's houses and find new investigators. My mom's idea with a little extra guitar thrown in by one of the members in our ward. It's hard to think of new ways to do the work because so much has been done already! haha. But it's a fun challenge.
I love you all! I hope all is well! and I know that if you're willing to give anything, no matter how small, God will work with that and make it more amazing than you could have imagined!
Feliz Halloween!
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment