More conference on Sunday. The stake president played them back to back. I am afraid I wiggled a lot.
Monday
was p day again. We ran into the mission president and office elders
at the Atrium store. They probably saved us from getting booted because
we parked in a no park zone. Duh...:) we couldn't tell. Anyway we
shopped and ate at McDonalds! I know...crazy! Now it is a big treat!
Tuesday
was district meeting and 2 of the elders weren't there because they are
zone leaders, so it was just 6 of us. But Elder Baccay gave the lesson
and he is really a great guy, strong testimony. We gave the elders a
ride home and did apartment check. Their apartment is new. They are
opening a new area. Their apartment passed. His companion, Elder
Staples is new with us, he is from Utah. Understanding is hard for him,
but it is nice when there is one Filipino and one English speaker
because they help each other learn each language. The Filipino is
suppose to pass the English test by the end of his mission. Then we
went to the center, we are starting to get ideas of what to do and how
to assist. Butch, a volunteer at the center. He is very good. He made
up fliers for our English classes. I think we might have to do them in
batches if there are too many. But one bishop said that is what his
people need to get better paying jobs here. We watched him teach a
computer program class (word). Then we gave someone a ride home and got
lost. It was dark, but Dad eventually found his way.
Wednesday
we went with Erwin Boiser, our SR boss to Antique. Dad took lots of
pictures. It is beautiful! Looks like the Garden of Eden to me. It is
never cold, food grows everywhere...rice, coconut, mangoes,
pineapple...what else do you need?
We met with some of the leaders and hope that they will take the
initiative and get volunteers and get invested in this. It will make
such a difference in their lives. We had a nice dinner at a restaurant,
I always have to have plain rice because the other rice has shrimp in
it. Rip off! Same with the chow mein. It all looked so good, but I
had sweet and sour chicken and cece. It was yummy! Dad is still not
impressed.
Thursday
we returned to Iloilo and are getting ready to feed Brother Boiser and
Butch. I made a pulled pork roast boiled in Pepsi then added some
spices that I made up. They really liked it but I would have needed a
recipe to make it tasty enough for my family. And I served brown rice
cooked in chicken bouillon. We also had mangos and magnum bars for
dessert. It was fun to have company. Then Brother Boiser took Butch
home and went to his hotel. Dad is working on an email to send to some
district president in Guimmeras so we can visit them next week. So far
we are good cheerleaders and are going to get better.
Today is Friday
and the elders came to our bungalow and were looking for a service
project so we asked the landlord if they could plant some plants that
were laid out. He got them a handheld small shovel and a big coconut
knife and they planted 8. It was a good start with the landlord. We
gave the elders a ride to their apartment and we are waiting for Brother
Boiser to pick us up at the mission office. We will be going to Roxas
where the self reliance group are having what they call a "rollout" of
the self reliance initiative. There were 4 talks that I heard about
self reliance and seeking out the poor among us! Elder Holland, D. Todd
Christopherson, Elder Davies of the Seventy...I can't remember the
other one right now.
I love you all and pray for each of you. I am so grateful that you have
your own testimonies and that you understand that The Lord will provide
for us if we do our part, keep His commandments, and act upon His
words. We will prosper in the land as promised in the scriptures if we
serve the God of this land, who is Jesus Christ.
Halong, Mom and Grandma
17 October 2014
Sunday, October 12 week
Posted by Raree (RAH-ree) at 9:26 AM
Labels: Missionary parents, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment