Established August 1970

27 October 2014

haha. 2 month anniversary! already?

Dear Friends and Family,

It is unreal. Time does move different now. Maybe it's just cuz I'm getting so old! :) haha. But it is crazy that two months ago I was in a layover at Atlanta Georgia with a bunch of strangers. Who all became my dear friends at the mtc. It's crazy. Anyway....

Thanks to everyone who gave me their thoughts on patron! I'm pumped to use some study time to ponder every one's thoughts about it. I'll let everyone know about my conclusion about the word and we'll find out if it was just a waste of time or not.

Also this week I tried... well I don't know what it's called. But it's sold in big blocks and it's meat. Basically they take a pigs head and process it all together: eyes, brains, skull, and all. and then they process it and cook it and sell it cold. They eat it as regularly and as normally as we would eat cream cheese or something. Except that it's disgusting and doesn't taste good. :) haha. but it was still a really good experience to have. and I had my first pan amasado right after! Which is homemade and fresh bread! They put butter in the middle (they're kind of like biscuit shaped but so so so much better tasting) and then cheese in the middle as well, which melts way fast and it's honestly so amazing. Like nothing we have in America. But they don' have my mom's homemade bread with honey and cinnamon. So I suppose they're missing out too. Ooh. And I had my first Chilean churros with manjar in the middle. And they were the best churros I have ever had! I can still taste them a little bit! And manjar is amazing. Indescribable. You'll just have to try it. In a freshly fried churro. :)

If I were to theme this week... it would be something like... 'Taking the reins of the priesthood' I got to give two priesthood blessings this week, one of them to a non-member. And both were amazing! Although the Spanish is still a little hard. But it was good still. And I got to lead every lesson since Thursday... probably like 20. It was really fun and a cool challenge to balance what I'm testifying and giving my companion time to testify, and giving the people you're teaching enough silent moments to evaluate what they're learning, and also knowing what questions to ask them so they can come to the conclusion themselves. We can tell someone something over and over and they could never gain anything, but ask them the right question or leave them pondering the right thing and the Spirit can have the chance to bear witness to them, and then... they can truly be saved and converted unto Christ.

I just want to let you all know that I know that we all have yet to realize even a portion of our full potential that God sees in us. And when we think about that... all worldly and carnal things fade so drastically into the background and eventually disappear. And it feels so good when you can let that happen for some moments. It's incredibly recharging and invigorating. And when we can help others get closer to that as well... therein lies joy. Whether it's your children, or your siblings, or your spouse, or youre companion, or youre neighbor, or a stranger or beggar on the street. It's the same to God.

I have to go now... but remember this week that God knows you, and just like Alma and Amulek had a way prepared for them, God has prepared a way for you as well. In all your righteous pursuits. And youre missionary work isn't hardly over either. God is still putting people in your path that need you. And maybe you're the only one that can fulfill that persons' needs and lift them in the ways that only unique you can. So be watching for those people. And maybe it is someone that you see every day, but you never know what's going on with people. Every single person I've talked to ever needs to be uplifted and enlightened by the knowledge or reminder of that charity, that grace of God. And you can give it to them. And give it to them marvelously. 

Love you all! Have a good week! Tell me about the people you were able to uplift this week!

Elder Robinson

0 comments: