Don't worry I'm not gonna start writing in Spanish. :) I just thought that phrase was very interesting in Spanish. Translate away. :) I'm finally in Chile! We got our first person committed to Baptism, I had my first empanada, I had to run away from my first dog, I had my first fast Sunday, I introduced myself in sacrament meeting for the first time, I had my first run in with an evangelical lady, and basically a lot of firsts passed. And now it's my first p-day in Chile!
Well, basically, a lot happens. So I'll just try to focus on some worldly experiences first, and then I'll get to the good stuff. :)So the flight here was sick, I placed a book of Mormon, and she read a lot of it on the airplane here. She was a sick lady. I wouldn't be surprised if she got baptized someday. and she gave me some advice for my mission! haha. She was Catholic, which usually means they only go to church on Easter and Christmas. But they're almost always really good people. She spoke some English and I . . . (technical difficulties - continued below)
haha. Chilean keyboards are confusing. anyway... continuing. and I spoke some Spanish. We were the perfect pair! haha. so that was fun. On Tuesday I met my trainer and companion and got some training and a lot of papa john's pizza. Authentic Chilean food. :) and now I want to be a trainer so I can get some more pizza! ha. But the food here is really really yummy. The pan or bread is just fantastic. Especially fresh. ooh. And me and my comp got to open up this area. It's called Chillancito. I love the ward and I love telling the people here that I have 30 nieces and nephews! They have the best reactions and then we have a lot to talk about. And I actually can talk about my family in Spanish! So it's perfect!
A lot of other things happened, and as important as they are... it's not as important as conference or the influence of the spirit in our lives. I have had a lot of the same principles drilled into my head the last couple of weeks and when something repeats, you know it's important. Some of these are, the atonement, the holy spirit, rendering an account, and taking your weaknesses before God. What is amazing about the Spirit is that we really can have it with us all the time, and it can help us and guide us in all things. Even to talking to some random guy on the street. It's our instant pager to accessing God's help and the Atonement. Within the Atonement lies so many pearls of knowledge that when shared, change peoples lives. Families are forever! All people can be forgiven of their sins and have the burden of guilt be lifted! We have people in our lives and in heaven that would sacrifice everything, even to their lives, so that we can have joy. And what's amazing is that the Savior did it, so it could be easy for us. Because my yoke is easy and my burden is light. and easy is the way for us if we place our cares and confidence in him. And tell him all of our difficulties, and after we do what we can, trust in him. Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, How God watches over and cares for them and they do nothing. And how much greater are we. In truth, we can't accomplish more than that lily. And God does watch over us and when we trust in Him, He takes care of every little and needful thing. He prepares us for the next steps in our lives, and He gives us the tools we need the instant we need them And the knowledge of these things have been so impressed on me this week that I would not be surprised if I never came upon a situation that, with God, I couldn't handle and overcome. And I hope that you all know it too. God's grace is sufficient for us all. Love you all! Hope you have a good week! Give to the needy, after all, don't we all bring our own difficulties upon ourselves. :) Pray for the people in Chile! They are faithful and so loving. They just need a little boost.
Finalmente de Chile,
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment