Established August 1970

20 October 2014

Patron

Dear Friends and Family,

What's up guys!!! Hey if anyone wants to send me something or whatever this is my new address!

Elder Andrew Robinson
Misiòn Chile Concepciòn
Castellon 1063 Oficina Norte
Concepciòn, Chile
Casilla 2210
So ya, but I know it's expensive so it's all chill either way. :) Also, for those of you who are wondering if Chile is indeed chilly.... the answer is a big fat NO! :) Because we're right in spring right now going into a summer. but apparently it gets pretty cold and super wet. It's nice and humid here, so that's pretty nice honestly. I had an amazing week! I wish y'all could be out here with me! It's honestly a blast. Like, no joke. It's a huge adventure every day! And I'm pretty sure it's good for your health, too! So much walking. It's basically the perfect vacation! Except you get a good night's sleep too! haha. WE found some really promising people this week. And we had to face the obstacle of homosexuality with a guy already! My comp said it's the first time for him, and obvi, it's the first time for me. :) haha. but it went really well, we had a member with us that was an rm and he said all the right things, and then we came in with our thought on it too. But we're gonna have to teach the law of chastity this week, I think. But they want to get baptized. So... we'll see how badly they want to get baptized. It's not a gay guy, he's just a little bit of a tree hugger... he wanted to know what the church did about injured and abused animals, and where our church stood on the issue of medical marijuana as well. It was fun and challenging. But he was way cool with our answers and thoughts. So that was just pretty crazy to experience those things so early on. It makes me excited for the challenges to come! I wonder what that prepared me for the future. I guess we'll see! But we had a lot of other people too. He was just really exciting. :) haha.
             Also... I had my first zone conference this week! It was honestly so amazing! No one told me about how cool those things would be! And the President and his wife are amazing! They're honestly some of the coolest people I've ever met! and since we're kind of close to the mission office we go and visit every week and they gave us brownies today! They were amazing. They don't have any normal desserts here. But they still have really good ones! oh and the zone leaders asked us to fast this weekend again to further consecrate our thoughts and talents to the work. We were actually happy to do it. I think we ate some bad meat right before the fast so we really needed the cleanse and the extra focus. For me, at least, it was incredible timing. I was just trying to think about how I could use my talents to work! and I got my answer. When I went to church on Sunday (it was ward conference so the stake presidency was there) this lady asked me if I would learn and sing a duet with her for ward conference. haha. Of course I said yes! haha. And it was so fun and went well. Even though I only had 20 mins to learn the Spanish and the song! haha. But Heavenly Father helped me out. And it was amazing how much respect and trust that gave us, not only from the lady that asked me, but from the whole ward. I didn't notice until my companion said that almost 10 times as many people volunteered to feed us lunch this week. we now have the next 2 months almuerzos planned. Almuerzo or lunch is their big meal here around 1:00. And it's our only time to rest and spend some time with the members. It's so much fun! 
                  Also in one more month we don't have to wake up til 7:30 because it's summer and we get to stay up till 11:30! Right now it's 7 to 11. It's pretty nice. And perfect for me! haha. On a more serious note, however... I've been thinking a lot about the word 'patron'. If anyone has any thoughts or insights about that, I sure would appreciate them. To start off the thinking process about it patron means: a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, especially a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.
2.
a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts,or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause,charity, institution, special event, or the like:
a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.
3.
a person whose support or protection is solicited or acknowledged by the dedication of a book or other work.
5.
Roman History. the protector of a dependent or client, often the former master of a freedman still retaining certain rights over him.
6.
Ecclesiastical. a person who has the right of presenting a member of the clergy to a benefice.

Also, endowed patrons referring to the temple as well. I don't really know what significance it will have for everyone. I know the definition, but I just want to hear your thoughts. Or if you have time to really research it, that would be amazing. But just let me know what you think. I think it's gonna have great significance somehow. And I have a feeling that if I can find the deeper meaning of this word I can change the world. ;) Love you all! Remember the atonement, and study more fully the depth and options it gives all of us. It's really quite phenomenal. It's not just that ability to be clean and have eternal life. It really is the key to everything. My mtc comp pointed out that those one posters were just totally wrong. The ones that say, "I never said it would be easy, I just said that it would be worth it"? Well maybe that's true for people who don't understand yet how to fully utilize the atonement. But in the scriptures... He said it would be easy. And it honestly is. If we lay before Him our weaknesses and challenges, it honestly is easy. The hard part is being humble and honest enough to really do that completely. But He loves us so completely, He made it so that if we would put our burdens on Him, it really would be easy. I know I talk a lot about the atonement. But that's because I need it a lot. :) and really, everyone does. But I love you all! I'm excited to hear your thoughts about 'patron'! and get all your letters! 
Love you all! Have an amazing week!

Su Carta Semanalmente de Chile,

Elder Robinson

P.S. Mostly for the fam:  Someone tell my home ward that they should let me know how the ward's doing. Email or letter is awesome. Also, I really wish I had a pic of the fam. The people here go crazy when I tell them how many siblings I have, and then they almost lose their minds when I say that I have 30 nieces and nephews! haha. and two on the way! (I think) haha. So if anyone in my family could hook me up with a comprehensive pic, that would be amazing. If you could develop one and send it that would be ideal. Just a small one that I can keep in my backpack. But if I need to print it off here, I can, it just won't be very good. Thanks!

0 comments: