in missionary terms only. Just in case. :) haha. My parents go home from their mission in the Philippines tomorrow! And they get home tomorrow evening! Crazy how time flies. So just take care of those guys. I've heard the adjustment can be hard. I'm sure they'll be fine, though. They're already big kids. :)
This week was pretty great. We got some interesting news yesterday, which we're anxious about. For the last 14 months our mission has not been using the key indicators that are in Preach My Gospel. We've been using other ones that the area presidency gave us and one from our Mission President that is the Vision. I probably mentioned it before, but it started 14 months ago. But now we are going back to the Key Indicators that are in Preach My Gospel, and we get to teach the missionaries and re-train ourselves to use them again. Most of the missionaries in our mission have never used them. haha. How strange is that? But it'll be a fun transition and I'm honestly excited to remember how to use them and teach other missionaries how to use them. Good times. :)
Unfortunately Marco had an emergency in his family and could not attend church yesterday. He has a sister that has pretty poor health, and she had an emergency so he went to visit her this weekend. Please pray for Marco's sister and family. He also told us his big doubts about our church this week. Let me tell you his doubts:
1. The state of the dead before the second coming: he believes that the spirits of the dead are asleep and not in a conscious state, they're not aware that they're dead, or of anything else.
2. Jesus Christ without beginning and without end: Marco believes Christ was not created, but that He is the Great I Am, without beginning and without end. Which he understands to mean that He was not created by God the Father, because Christ always existed and will always exist.
3. The Millennium: He believes that the righteous will be lifted up during the whole millennium and I didn't really understand his doubt about this one completely
4. The Day of Rest: He believes that it should be honored from sunset to sunset because in Genesis it says, "And the evening and the morning were the first day." I feel that we don't teach anything to the contrary, but I suppose we don't really treat it that way. And he also thinks that the confusion of the day of rest is fulfilling the prophecy about worshipping a false day of rest... if anyone knows what prophecy that he's talking about, he showed us where it is so it does exist
So if you have any light to shed on any of those subjects to help us out, we would appreciate it. :)
However, the most important, and this is what we're gonna focus on, is that if he receives an answer that he should be baptized, that he will follow it and trust that God will shed more light on the subject as he acts in faith. He's a person who is really preoccupied about his salvation. He says he's not sure yet if our church is true, but he has studied enough to know that there is no other church that is more correct doctrinally. Also, he's in love with the biblical prophecies. He taught us last time, and it was truly enlightening. He talked about Daniel and Revelations and it was so interesting. He knows so much, but it's hard for him to take action just from faith. So that's mostly what we're working on with him. But he has a good friend and co-worker that's in our ward so that has helped a lot.
I know that Christ lives and loves us. I know that He has restored the gospel and His holy priesthood in these latter-days so that the kingdom of God could be established in preparation of the Second Coming of the Messiah. And I know it because I have repeatedly seen evidence, and more importantly, because the Spirit has manifested it to me and continues to do so as I act in faith and strive to wait patiently as God sheds more light on my doubts and questions in my life.
I love you guys! Have a fantastic week! Trust in that Spirit! 2 Nephi 32:5
Love,
Elder Robinson
0 comments:
Post a Comment