Established August 1970

28 March 2016

Easter Weekend (Semana Santa)

Hey everyone!
I hope you're all doing really well and had a fabulous easter weekend! Unfortunately, we didn't have time to do an easter egg hunt, but on Sunday, everyone gave us chocolate eggs! It was awesome. The not awesome part was that on Saturday night I fell sick and had a fever and was achy and other unpleasant things that I won't mention. But my fever has already gone down considerably and the members we ate lunch with gave me like 20 ideas to recover more quickly, and obviously, they were all natural and strang sounding. Like putting a wet rag with vinegar on it on my neck, and taking lemon water and lots of other things. I just took a pill and drank lots of water. And it seems to be working! And I asked my companion to give me a blessing last night and after that my fever went down and I slept really well all night. It was awesome. 

Cultural note: Here in Chile (and probably in most of south america and central america) they celebrate the whole week as part of Catholic tradition, I believe. They don't eat meat except for fish, and they drink a lot of wine, and this coming weekend there is some sort of wine festival, Chileans are really proud of their wine, but anyway, no one had to work on friday, saturday or sunday, because it's the whole weekend. So, it was a good opportunity to find people in their houses, unfortunately they were all celebrating so they didn't want us to come in. :) haha. But it was still a good weekend.

We're working with Freddy right now, he's a really nice guy. He just has a smoking problem, but he has gotten over other addictions, like beer and something else (don't remember) so he's excited to stop smoking. He's really receptive, and he believes everything we say, but I'm not sure if he really understands yet the importance of covenants, but that will come as he continues to exercise his faith. We're gonna try really hard to get him to Conference this weekend. 

Moroni said,
"My son, be faithful in Christ; . . .may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever."

I know He lives, and I feel so blessed and honored to testify of Him every day, and always have the Savior's name on my lips, to know with a surety that He is my Redeemer, and Mediator between us and the Father. May it rest in my mind and your minds forever.

Enjoy Conference weekend! I would extend the same inviation that the brethren have. Prepare yourselves, go with questions, seek revelation and answers. You will recieve them. Pray that they may be inspired to answer your questions and the solutions to all of us who are in need of comfort and correction. 

I love you all! Have an incredible week!

Elder Robinson

0 comments: