Established August 1970

13 March 2013

Mom's Memories of her second March baby

Charity.  The name says it all.  This little bundle brought such love and joy into all our lives.  It was 11 days before she could defecate.  What a concern.  It taught me not to hate changing diapers.  Attitude.  Attitude.  Attitude.  Her big words were such a shock and pleasure.  I remember when she wouldn't be reverent in sacrament meeting, so I gave her a little pinch.  Of course, we were in the front, so she turned around and announced to the congregation that girls didn't need to be pinched, they needed to be loved.:) 
Then there was her 2nd or 3rd birthday and she got mad at her dad, so she told him he couldn't come to her party.  He quickly responded that he wouldn't give her a present then.  Quickly she replied, "Well, maybe I overreacted."  What a girl! 
When Andrew came along, she quickly put her mothering skills into play, telling him to do this or not to do that.  They would have long talks in their rooms.  Charity has enjoyed her siblings and the new in-laws as they've come in.  She likes to follow them around talking, talking, talking.  I never tire of her conversations.  I have always enjoyed her voice, speaking, singing, whatever...She is a loyal friend.
She has been faithful in reading her scriptures and loves her Savior.  I'm grateful she knows where to look for all her answers and concerns.  I have appreciated how she has taken responsibility of her own education.  I remember when she announced that she was signed up for charter school and was leaving public school.  I never felt concern because I knew she would just DO IT!  I remember when she made "the deal" that if I would let her quit piano lessons, she would practice on her own.  She kept "the deal". She is an overachiever who doesn't want recognition.  She finished her Young Womanhood Recognition early and then the church added a new value and she wanted to do that also.  And she did.  How grateful I am that Heavenly Father sent me another live baby who had commitment of her own and just  finds the way to DO IT. 

0 comments: