Established August 1970

15 March 2013

Mom's Memories of Dave

My first memory of Dave was in the foyer at church.  I thought he was quiet and shy and needed encouragement with girls, so I gave some in connection with a dance at school ---you know, that he should ask someone.  (Insert from Rachael: she was telling him that he should ask me to Homecoming. Per my instructions. :)
It seems he was always at church and always doing what he was suppose to be doing, like he had his own liahona.  I don't know what kind of instruction he had in his home, but it seemed that he had his directions internally and nothing would get him off course.  When he is converted to a principle, I don't think anything could move him.  Like in the Book of Mormon when Lehi is counseling his sons and he says something like, "oh that you were like this river, always flowing into righteousness or like this mountain, always steadfastness and immovable in keeping the commandments of God".  I know this is my favorite attribute of Dave's.  I don't think anything could take him off course with his Father in Heaven.  As the Lord teaches him, he will follow.
I appreciate how he takes care of Rachael by putting the kids to bed, by getting them dressed, by getting them something to eat...whatever, so she can sleep or visit or whatever.  I know he works a lot of hours; but when he isn't, he is right there helping her out.  Another favorite memory is when he took us all tubing on his family property and had a snowmobile to take us back up the hill.  Dave seems to want to contribute to our family and that is so nice.  When it was Raymond's birthday, he went over the top, arranging for horses and a ride.  It was kind of a dream of Raymond's.  And when there is work to do, Dave doesn't talk, he's there to assist in any way he can for his family or ours.  Thanks Dave! 

0 comments: