I've got some time to make up, so let me backpedal and start with Mike.... Michael Maughan! A Christmas gift for the whole world! :) We first met Mike while he and April were dating down at BYU. She was soon giddy in love, and still is! We had the incredible good fortune to live next door to them for their first couple(?) years while they finished up school. It was neat to see him help fix up that house for April, first the basement and then the upstairs. Susan loved running over to visit them, and they would often babysit the girls in order to send us out on a date (a gift they probably only now realize how much we appreciated!). They were also invaluable at helping me pull together party details. Mike has a talent for exactness and precision that I can only dream of, but definitely admire. He has a profound sense of honor, yet also a side that is playful, and he is particularly good at entertaining children. It is so inspiring to see the beautiful family he and April are creating together. Happy belated birthday, Mike!
13 March 2013
3 Marches and a December
Nathan. For almost all of his single life, Nathan was Raymond's only brother, one of the most meaningful relationships I think he has. Raymond loved everything about about him--his happy nature, his rolling laugh when he would bounce him on the mattress, his competitive eating and waterskiing, his creative adventures, his drive and ambition. Ray especially loved it when Nathan grew up and came to school and they would lift at the gym together and performed in Fiddler on the Roof. Then that must have been weird for Nathan... he left on his mission and came home to three new siblings--a new brother, a brother-in-law, and a sister-in-law! But he was nice about it (what could he do?). We also got to live next door to Nathan for a while which was fun, and exhausting, for those months that we had to pray so vigorously for him to marry Amy! But what a match made in heaven! And what caring and thoughtful parents to (almost) five very lucky children! They are great friends, and we truly look up to them. I am especially grateful to Nathan for being someone Ray can call and talk about things man-to-man (and to Amy for giving up the husband time!); he sometimes needs a man's perspective and it's a role I just can't play. Thanks, Nathan.
Charity! I heard all kinds of stories about you before I even met you! Ray told so many "Charity stories," you were a Dancers' Company legend. But to meet you in your little three-year-old person was all the better. Curly hair, painted fingernails, and the vocabulary of a college student. You could hold up an adult conversation with the best of them (I still remember you giving a review of the latest movie while we were hanging out in the hot tub, just like you were a miniature Siskel and Ebert.). And you still have that precocious quality! I love to talk to you and hear about your experiences and plans. You have grown up to be a lovely person, and I appreciate your example, to me and to my girls who are trying to grow up to be like you. They watch the way you talk, act, dress, do your hair, anything Charity. So thanks for making it a worthwhile endeavor! I love you, my friend!
And Dave, let me be the first to sing your praise! It was so fun to watch Rachael try to figure out just what she was looking for in a husband, and to hear about this neat guy out on his mission, that both she and Mom were guessing was it! And you were! I truly admire your dedication and loyalty to your wife and children. You are always there with a watchful eye, protecting them and providing for their every need. I just know you will be ever faithful and true. But as seriously as you take these important roles, there is still a side of you that is willing to dress up in a wig with a mullet and play an air guitar. Totally radical, dude!
Posted by Ravid at 8:16 PM
Labels: Memories of March kids, Memories of Mike, RDR3 Robinson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment