Established August 1970

23 May 2016

Woops... I ran out of good subject lines

Hello everybody!

This week was pretty cool! It was my companion's birthday on Saturday, which was way fun! haha. He didn't want anyone to know, but some sisters in our ward planned him a little surprise birthday party for him, and they gave us some delicious cake. :) We actually got three pieces of cake that day! But only one of them was for his birthday. One slice we got was from a less active brother named Augusto's birthday, and the other one... I don't really know why they gave it to us, but I just figured it was just a delicious tender mercy. :)

We were able to see a miracle as well this weekend. We went to visit a less active sister whose name is Monica, and there was another lady there, but she looked busy so we just shared with Monica, but apparently the other lady was listening and she really liked what she heard so she told Monica she wanted to know more and she brought her to church yesterday! So that was really cool. The lady's name is Irina, and we have an appointment set up to teach her this week, she seems really receptive, so we have high hopes for her.

We also had a lot of less actives committed to church on Sunday, and almost all of them went! It was really good to see them all there, it had been quite a long time for some of them, and it was a really powerful sacrament meeting.

I want to share with you something I wrote to my mission President near the beginning of my mission. I wouldn't have expected to learn something from what I said, but I think it's really true, and I'm grateful for this time to serve.

"Yesterday we were talking with our Bishop and he reminded us that this is the only time in our lives when we'll be able to focus so completely on doing the work of the Lord. I've been told that so many times but for some reason this time I really finally understood it. Better late than never. It's such a gift we as missionaries have to just forget everything else and give ourselves fully to the work of the Lord. At home it's a whole different life. It's all about balancing church and family and education/carreer. But here and now, it's really just us and the Lord and the people. Which, still, is a task. But it's easy because we're doing it with the Lord, or really He's doing it through us. And we just have to keep ourselves pure and malleable for Him to work with."

It's a concept to apply for all times of life, we need to humble ourselves and maintain ourselves in a state where the Lord can work with us, and hopefully, deepen that humility and allow ourselves to be filled with His everlasting love and light. 

I love you guys and I hope you all have an amazing week! Thanks for everything you do to be disciples of Christ and teach and help those around you to do the same. It's our little teaspoon, but for the Lord, every single one is important.

Con cariƱos y amor,

Elder Robinson

This is my comp's bday party. haha. he has his tie off because here they make you bite the cake (tradition) and then they smash your face in it. It's really nice. ;)

And a pic from our zone activity today!

0 comments: